Loader Style *slow load*

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Slot Machine Games. suitable for workers who work from home because it has player names that must be played alternately
  • Hi, I'm been working on a project, and I figured out why it takes so long for my game to load. Its because I clicked "yes" on set the loader style. However when I click no the audio in my game is delayed. So my question is this, how do I fix the delayed audio issue while keeping my game loading time short.

• Which platform are you testing on? Chrome for Android has a bug where decoding audio is very slow, which can make preloading audio take a long time. All other platforms should be fast though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • frenzyace, I cannot PM to you, I don't have enough reputation points to your question in PM try change encoding settings in audio such as lower bitrate and codec. Should do the trick.

• Which platform are you testing on? Chrome for Android has a bug where decoding audio is very slow, which can make preloading audio take a long time. All other platforms should be fast though.

Ok thanks for the response, and it was on default.

• Lazarus1988 I tried that yet nothing really changed. I'm assuming if I change the platform it will load faster. So I'm going to try now.

• Ashley I'm still having issues. The loading screen is slow due to me using the preload feature in the configuration setting., not the one in the event sheet. Once I set the preloading feature to no the game runs fast, however there is a delay in the game. When I use the preloading feature in the event sheet there is still a delay in the game. How do I fix this issue. Btw I did put my audio in the correct folders.

• There is a fundamental tradeoff: either you preload the audio so it can play instantly, which makes loading take longer, or you can not preload the audio, which makes a delay the first time each sound is played. The audio has to be loaded at one time or another, and those are your two options.

How long does it take exactly? Which browsers/OSs have you tried? Desktop machines should be able to decode large amounts of audio in just seconds. Also as ever share a .capx to demonstrate the problem better.

• Okay, and on my desktop I have no issues, however when I'm using my android phone the delay is about 40 seconds. And I will upload the .capx

• [quote:1spig4mt]There is a fundamental tradeoff: either you preload the audio so it can play instantly, which makes loading take longer, or you can not preload the audio, which makes a delay the first time each sound is played.

Ashley If you go with the second option does everything else freeze while the audio downloads? E.g. could the game begin and download sounds silently in the background without affecting the visual play?

• The second way (not preloading) downloads and decodes sounds in the background, it doesn't freeze the game. But it means if say something explodes, the sound might play half a second later, which can give an odd feel.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)