A little problem with AJAX and some doubts

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Help the cute broccoli to get past all obstacles in his way!
  • A little while ago I bumped into Construct 2. It seemed like a nice piece of software to me, and this was confirmed after having made a small game with it. Works nicely and as intended.

However, here I am, having made a pretty big design for a pretty big game, stuck with Construct 2 after no more than an hour. Didn't struck me as too strange, it still being in beta and all that.

Lets get specific. I'm planning to make an online turn-based strategy game. For this I want to use an SQL database. Using AJAX I could get a JSON object through, but after that there's nothing you can do with it. Can't really parse a string, and pulling through one piece of data at the time through AJAX isn't an option either. Way too inefficient.

My question now is, how will this be done in a later implementation? Also, is it wise to just start my project in Construct Classic and just buy Construct 2 now for usage when it is in a more advanced stage?

Everyone here on the forums probably knows a bit what to expect and how fast implementations of Construct 2 will all happen, since some of you have been through the development of Classic and seen it happen. I however get a bit uneasy when I spot things like there being no documentation and the problem I just mentioned with AJAX.

I'm not trying to say I have no trust in the developer(s) at all, sorry if it sounds like that. Just don't know what to expect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check back tommorrow, R51 release.

You could also check out the websockets plugin.

XML parsing is planned, will either be added by Ash or via a custom plugin in a short to mid range.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)