Licences

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • If I were to buy the personal licence from the scirra website, do I also get a code for steam?

The reason I would not buy it through steam and limit myself to steam is because I read somewhere that construct is updated more regularly through scirra.com than through steam.

Thanks

• No, the steam license is not attached to the site license, nor the opposite, also, the only difference is that one of them is attached to steam, the other isn't, but you can't have both.

• Thanks.

Could you perhaps confirm whether the rumor I saw was true? I don't know whether to buy it through steam or scirra..

Is one updated more regularly? Does one have a longer expected life span etc etc etc those type of questions..

And also your opinion please on which one to buy..

Thanks

• Hi,

I've read just this morning in another thread, that regular licence is more flexible, including ability to run C2 in portable mode :-)

Cheers,

Greg

• Hi,

I've read just this morning in another thread, that regular licence is more flexible, including ability to run C2 in portable mode :-)

Cheers,

Greg

CJK

Regular as in scirra.com... non-steam?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi again,

Yes, that's how I understood the other post - the regular licence purchased via scirra.com - but I admit I never tried running C2 in portable mode, off USB drive ;-)

Greg

• Aphrodite

CJK

What license do you have? (Business or personal.. or free?)

Steam or non-steam??

Also did the tagging (@NamHere) alert you?? Curious on how that works.

Thanks

• Sulli

I have personal non-steam

from what I understand the steam version links to your Steam acct and Steam must be running to open C2

My licence NON Steam lets me install anywhere without Steam and just need to have my licence file with me

I don't use Steam at all

so non Steam is best for me

If not wanting to have Steam up entire time using C2 then I'd go with non-Steam version

for update question

I BELIEVE updates are released SAME TIME SAME FREQUENCY

Scirra hasn't shown preference in past with betas and I don't believe they are now

• I use the Personnal License from the website, I don't want to use the steam version, since I don't want to use steam, it's to much a pain IMO, the licensing conditions are the same If I remember:

-One person allowed to use it, all functionnalities included (don't take my words, just see the Compare features of this page, and read this: How licenses works )

The diff?rence? The steam one is tied to your steam account (aka: you need steam to be launched, and connected to the right account), also, if steam just don't work for X or Y reason, you can't use C2 since Steam can't launch.

EDIT: the thingy alerted me, sometimes it don't work well, but that's right, I got an alert ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)