library, dll access

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack of sounds for monsters consists of 107 sounds, among which you can find different sounds of Attack, Death, Ste
  • Hi I'm not amazingly technical so bare with me.

I'm on a team making a game in a custom engine (visual C) , for the mini games I suggested we somehow render what iv'e made in C2, to save time/give me more control as a designer.

(rendered onto an in game arcade cab)

My programmer says we would need access to the library from his custom engine with DLL

any thoughts ?

• Custom engine with DLL?

Didn't you mean DirectX?

All browsers don't need to access DLL to run HTML5 games.

• You can't access dll files from javascript typically. You'd have to make a browser plugin I suppose.

But if you're wanting to run your c2 projects in your custom engine, it's not a trivial thing to do. Basically you'd be stacking another engine on top of yours which would defeat the purpose. You could pull the level layouts and animations from the xml of the capx files and convert it to something your engine can use, but all the logic would have to be re-written from scratch.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can't access dll files from javascript typically. You'd have to make a browser plugin I suppose.

But if you're wanting to run your c2 projects in your custom engine, it's not a trivial thing to do. Basically you'd be stacking another engine on top of yours which would defeat the purpose. You could pull the level layouts and animations from the xml of the capx files and convert it to something your engine can use, but all the logic would have to be re-written from scratch.

Thanks, I'll show him this seems you got what I meant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)