Law suites, getting sued? And music?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • On the android market i saw a ton of pokemon apps and I was wondering how these guys were able to create/post a brand named game without being sued. Aren't there lawsuits that go against this? As in copy-right infringement? Do major companies not care? If so then would I be able to get away with using one soundtrack from another game as my main theme? Or would i simply be sued eventually?

• I would not recommend using anything that you have not received permission for, even if person X did not get in trouble for using material X doesnt matter, these things goes case by case. Some people dont care if their material is being used, others will come after you in way or another and things might turn ugly very fast.

• I guess the term "Its better to be safe then sorry" applies to this post". But yea that's true, I'm not to fond of the idea of things getting ugly over a soundtrack.

I would not recommend using anything that you have not received permission for, even if person X did not get in trouble for using material X doesnt matter, these things goes case by case. Some people dont care if their material is being used, others will come after you in way or another and things might turn ugly very fast.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lets say you always go with a risc.

It is always ilegal to use copyrighted work.

But some like Hasbro do not mind fan made projects involving MyLittlePony...

Depending on how successful and visible your project gets on the market, the more these companies will notice you.

You can always find soundtracks that can be used for free and sometimes require that you just add credits of the original author.

You can also check freesound.org wich has a bunch of free sound material even for commercial use.

If you feel too unpleased to use others works, you could also try buy a electronic keyboard piano and with a free public software called LMMS you can try make own soundtracks.

Theres a bunch of downloadable vst plugins that help you play a bunch of natural sounding instruments with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)