Karaoke

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I would like to create gradually appearing text (karaoke). Each word is considered to appear at certain time. A text is not that big. Does Construct2 have any simple tool or plug-in to do this?

• I know it shouldn't matter to me, but I hate word appearing karaoke, I would prefer a ball bouncing to the current word or something like that.

Anyway, I don't think Construct2 can facilitate what you want to do, simply because, first of all, it's very difficult to sync the music with the events (somebody may correct me if I'm wrong).

If you just want appearing text, you can either make many texts with fade behavior or move a transparent-semitransparent-opaque png to the right, which will may be something similar to what you're trying to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the incorporated Fade plugin

make a global variable named sinkvoice :

And Add to all your text objects the plugin

and for example

When Sinkvoice = 1

Object : Check -- Restart fade

When Sinkvoice = 2

Object : Mah -- Restart fade

When Sinkvoice = 3

Object : Fellings -- Restart fade

OR

You can use this technique

http://www.scirra.com/forum/typewriter-text-effect_topic45272_post283408.html?KW=#283408

I type like a boss with C2 - Karaoke game designer Dandolion

• An easy way to do this might be to have a hidden text object with the source text, then use something like:

On start of layout:

• Visible text: append text: tokenat(HiddenText.text, 0, " ")
    • Wait 1 second
    • Visible text: append text: tokenat(HiddenText.text, 1, " ")
    • Wait 1 second
    • Visible text: append text: tokenat(HiddenText.text, 2, " ")
    • etc...

Obviously you'll need to do a lot of tweaking to get the timings right.

• Hey,, sorry for bump for old thread, i need some karaoke text effect for my current project. How to do that with easy ways?

EDIT:

• ok it works using type writer effect, now adjusting the right timing. Thank you
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)