iOS Intel XDK experiences

0 favourites
  • Rable - any chance you can post the full build log? if you want, you can email me ian.maffett at intel.com and I'll be happy to look into it

Hi!!! Sorry I know this topic is dead, but I have the same problem. imaffett there's any chance I can send you and email and explain to me why I have this problem? Thanks a lot.

• > Rable - any chance you can post the full build log? if you want, you can email me ian.maffett at intel.com and I'll be happy to look into it

>

Hi!!! Sorry I know this topic is dead, but I have the same problem. imaffett there's any chance I can send you and email and explain to me why I have this problem? Thanks a lot.

Please do - Sorry I was on vacation.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:zyz1yu45]I have the same error, Command finished with error code 65. How did you solved this issue? You mentioned that you had both ad hoc and the release mobileprovisions in the file but what do you mean?

OK, I figured it out finally. After creating Provisioning Profiles and adding them in Intel XDK project settings, there's need to upload .cer file in build screen even everything looks OK on that screen. Then the build was successful.

• I have few problems with my app, built with Intel XDK (iOS Cordova).

1. Status bar is shown on all devices. I have ticked "Hide Status Bar" in C2 while exporting, and ticked "Fullscreen" in Intel XDK build settings.

2. Portrait lock orientation doesn't work on iPads. I have set "Orientation" to "Portrait" in both C2 and XDK, but on iPads, it can be rotated to landscape.

3. [Will do a workaround, iOS' limitation] Music (only in music folder) starts only on first touch. Sounds seem to work on start of layout.

4. Icon is correct on the Home Screen, but it's Cordova in App Switcher and in Settings -> Storage.

5. [SOLVED] A joystick is used to control the circle. If I start holding, and move my finger to the right edge and over of my device, it still recognises the touch, moving the circle all the way to the right.

Here's the app I'm talking about: https://appsto.re/si/NYe88.i

imaffett

• I have few problems with my app, built with Intel XDK (iOS Cordova).

1. Status bar is shown on all devices. I have ticked "Hide Status Bar" in C2 while exporting, and ticked "Fullscreen" in Intel XDK build settings.

2. Portrait lock orientation doesn't work on iPads. I have set "Orientation" to "Portrait" in both C2 and XDK, but on iPads, it can be rotated to landscape.

3. Music (only in music folder) starts only on first touch. Sounds seem to work on start of layout.

4. Icon is correct on the Home Screen, but it's Cordova in App Switcher and in Settings -> Storage.

5. A joystick is used to control the circle. If I start holding, and move my finger to the right edge and over of my device, it still recognises the touch, moving the circle all the way to the right.

Here's the app I'm talking about: https://appsto.re/si/NYe88.i

imaffett

Any suggestions/solutions?

• grigrizljac

1_ Do you set the "fullscreen" in the C2 too?

2_ Use the Cranberry Phonegap Screen Orientation Portrait plugin to fix it

3_ I could never fix this issue

4_ I believe the cordova icon doesn't appear in the final app

• grigrizljac

1_ Do you set the "fullscreen" in the C2 too?

2_ Use the Cranberry Phonegap Screen Orientation Portrait plugin to fix it

3_ I could never fix this issue

4_ I believe the cordova icon doesn't appear in the final app

Thanks for your suggestions.

What did you mean by 1_? I have "Fullscreen in browser" set to "Scale outer".

2_ So I just add a third-party plugin to XDK, with ID cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait and source https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait?

4_ Which final app?

Thanks

• do i just install the third party plugin to keep it on portrait mode or do I also have to input a certain code in the index.html?

• What did you mean by 1_? I have "Fullscreen in browser" set to "Scale outer".

I meant about this option. I normally uso "Letterbox Scale" to keep the ratio.

2_ So I just add a third-party plugin to XDK, with ID cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait and source https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait?

You'll need to install this plugin in C2 and insert it in your project (if you haven't done)

4_ Which final app?

After your build it using the Intel XDK

• llfstudios

It's not necessary to do anything in your index.html.

Install the plugin in C2 and insert it in your project.

• > What did you mean by 1_? I have "Fullscreen in browser" set to "Scale outer".

>

I meant about this option. I normally uso "Letterbox Scale" to keep the ratio.

>

> 2_ So I just add a third-party plugin to XDK, with ID cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait and source https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-screenorientation-portrait?

>

You'll need to install this plugin in C2 and insert it in your project (if you haven't done)

>

> 4_ Which final app?

>

After your build it using the Intel XDK

I have Scale Outer, so I can easily avoid black edges, I can position things as I want.

I can't find the plugin, could you please post the URL?

The wrong (Cordova) icon shows when the app is built and then downloaded from App Store in Spotlight Search, Settings -> Usage and in App Switcher. However, I've seen that this icon is somewhere in the .ipa file, so I'll change it manually each time I build the app.

Thanks.

• I believe you have to buy the cranberrygame plugin package. Send a PM to him.

• I believe you have to buy the cranberrygame plugin package. Send a PM to him.

Ok, I've PM-ed him, but the plugin is paid. I don't think it's sensible to first buy C2, and then plugins, just because there are bugs in Intel XDK or C2 ...

Ashley, are these (hide Status Bar on iOS doesn't work & Portrait orientation lock doesn't work on iPad) C2 bugs? Or, imaffett, are these Intel XDK/Cordova bugs?

Thanks.

• Finally fixed status bar \o/

Add this code to your loader/first layout:

System|On Start of Layout -> execute javascript

"intel.xdk.device.hideStatusBar();"[/code:uhr2e595]
    EDIT: it doesn't seem to work :/
  • xdk v2366 is making iOS games run a lot slower than before. I submitted a game to Apple before the 5th of august and it ran good even with ads but now it is unacceptable. I can't send the latest game update if it runs this slow I even rebuilt the old game version to see if it was any of the new stuff I added that caused the lag but nope it ran slow as well. is there a way to go back a version or two?

is anyone ells having the same issue?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)