iOS 10, IPv6, AppStore rejection

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • My most recent release of one of my games was rejected because Apple said it did not support IPv6 and that the game did not open on a device running iOS 10. I updated my phone and sure enough, my game no longer works. (Black screen) I am building with XDK and I am also asking on their forums for help, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if they have a resolution. I am using r235 of C2 and I am on the latest XDK. (3522)

Thank you.

• I am not a fan of Cocoon.IO but have you tried compiling there? I heard IOS works there.

• If there is no resolution, I will take that path, but I have released multiple versions of this game without issue. I have had very good success using XDK for both iOS and Android so I do not want to stray too quickly, but thanks for the idea.

• If there is no resolution, I will take that path, but I have released multiple versions of this game without issue. I have had very good success using XDK for both iOS and Android so I do not want to stray too quickly, but thanks for the idea.

We've just been alerted to exactly this problem with an app we released last week! All other previous apps work fine, but only our newest one is seemingly incompatible with iOS 10. I'm guessing its an error with XDK, because we're using that too! This is a massive problem for us as we're right in the middle of a big marketing push on the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • frazermerrick I just removed everything from my app except 2 layouts. The first displays a splashscreen (sprite). It waits a few seconds and then goes to another layout that has sprites and text. There are no plugins of any type and I am getting same result when I deploy to iOS using XDK....black screen.

Ashley I am communicating with XDK too, but wanted you to be aware of this.

• Try using phonegap biuld or cocoon. Don't keep trying XDK till you got nuts. Obviously XDK needs an update.

• Give this a try > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3841 ... os-10-beta < -- I've searched various forums, including the Cordova project, and am not finding anything specific, other than the link that I just gave you which recommends an update to the CSP tag in your index.html file. Also, this response on the PhoneGap Build forum > https://forums.adobe.com/message/8985487#8985487 < from "kerrishotts" has some useful info.

• xmnboy There is no CSP tag in my index.html file. I tried adding the one mentioned in the post you shared and I have had no luck. I get a black screen. I have tried it with CLI5.4.1 and CLI6.2.0. I am testing with an app that simply displays a sprite and some text.

I added it near the top in head section. Does it have to be somewhere specific in the index.html file?

• Same problem here, all my previous released apps / games exported using cordova and build using XDK are now incompatible with iOS 10.0.1

More details on my issuse posted on XDK forum: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums ... pic/685395 (Jaap)

• Xam CDogs1964 PixelPower frazermerrick -- please see the second half of the top post for a possible solution to the black screen problem on iOS 10 > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums ... pic/685395 <

• Try creating a new project in XDK. I tried other solutions offered and none of them worked. I created a new project in XDK and everything seems OK now. (Other than a sound issue I am seeing for the first time.) Hope this helps.

• I found another option for the "Black Screen" issue. This one will let you keep the WKWebView in the project. Althoug you will still have to deal with the IPv6 issue.

Just add the plugin "cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine". It is actually in the Core plugins section.

Using this you wont need to change anything into the runtime. at least to make it work on adhoc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)