Intel XDK"Show remote site" doesn't work(Solved)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi, i am working on a Android game(crosswalk for android), and i am trying to share the highscore to Twitter and return to the game after that.The Twitter share is not a problem, but the method to open the new window.

INTEL XDK OBJECT

I tried the "Show remote site" and "Launch external site" method, and they work well in the emulator and in the device(app preview) but not in my device.(Android 4.2).

Anyone can reproduce the same results?Or maybe it is a problem related to my Android version.

It would be great to see some examples of the Actions and Conditions of the IntelXDK object, because they are not too clear(at least for me), like the Add virtual page action, and how to use it.

Thanks

• I don't know if this issue is being addressed by Intel. I found the same with both Crosswalk and Phonegap that they will open a link within themselves as if they are a browser (which I suppose they are, sort of) rather than directing the phone's native/default browser or email app to handle the link. Doesn't happen in CocoonJS or Ejecta....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't know if this issue is being addressed by Intel. I found the same with both Crosswalk and Phonegap that they will open a link within themselves as if they are a browser (which I suppose they are, sort of) rather than directing the phone's native/default browser or email app to handle the link. Doesn't happen in CocoonJS or Ejecta....

Thanks for the information, i made a post in the Intel Forum expecting for some feedback.

Those actions(Show remote site, Launch external site) doesn't work even with all permissions on.It is weird because it works in the device with the Intel XDK App Preview.

• Ashley For sure this problem is in Intel XDK, but do you have any clue on this?

I would love to figure out if the problem is on the Construct 2 side or the Intel XDK , to stop bother you guys

Tks

• The Intel XDK object does absolutely nothing in Crosswalk. It's actually designed for the Intel AGI (formerly directCanvas). I've renamed it in the next build to avoid confusion.

• The Intel XDK object does absolutely nothing in Crosswalk. It's actually designed for the Intel AGI (formerly directCanvas). I've renamed it in the next build to avoid confusion.

Ok Ashley thanks, so since Crosswalk is based on Chrome, i have to deal with the Browser object only, but

with the Browser object only, i can't see a way to open a link(to post the highscore on Twitter) in the default device browser instead of the Crosswalk app itself...but maybe i'm seeing it wrong.

• That's fixed in the next build as well, the Browser object 'Open URL in new window' will work in Crosswalk and open the default browser app.

• That's fixed in the next build as well, the Browser object 'Open URL in new window' will work in Crosswalk and open the default browser app.

Great! Thanks.

• There's a new compilation of Intel XDK - Release - 2014 May 05 v876

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)