Intel XDK vs Cocoonjs

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi There

CAn you guys perhaps share with me which is best to export games to Android and Amazon. I've tried Intel SDK and I get a blank screen to start of with, so I'm reading up to find the solution. This is way more complicated than figuring out how to make a game.

Also, which works best for Admob ads in your opinion. Construct is fine but I'm now starting to realize that it is a mission making the games have exceptional quality with images etc. and getting my game to work on all screen sizes.

Than you in advance.

• Seems everyone has slightly different experiences with exporting to Android. I've used C2 for around a year now and I still use CocoonJS. I'm used to the cloud compiler and options. I believe XDK cannot support Admob at the moment. For me:

CocoonJS

Pros - Better FPS, graphics look better, game runs fine, Ads usually works

Cons - No multiplayer, no Clay.io support, Bad support from Ludeil themselves / no help with issues. Can't choose app permissions.

XDK

Pros - Clay.io support, Better support for issues, Seems better / more freuqent updates, choose permissions

Cons - Worse FPS from my Apps, Graphics export slightly blocky, App crashes sometimes.

I'm still stuck using CJS due to FPS although if XDK gets multiplayer supported I'll be jumping ship and looking to Iron out any issues with graphics / fps.

• Hi Mayfly, Thanks for the comment. I also think I will stick to Ludei. I have applied for a premium account so that I can add Admob, so do share your tips for implementing Admob. It is a rather difficult task to get started exporting and getting adds etc. I must say, my game looks great with Cocoonjs. Nice and smooth. The only thing that worries me is the big file size. Any advice on that?

• ubuntuonline

It can be hard to do the Ads, I'd have to refresh myself as I haven't done anything with it in a while. I searched it on the forums here and followed some tutorials. I didn't really find much point myself adding them =( My free App 'Short Mat Bowls' has around 4'500 downloads and I have Admob set up best I can. Since 16 Feb I've made estimated £11 from my App so I cannot get anything for a long time yet, until it reaches something like 60-80?

=P I did much better releasing a 'Full' version on the store for the minimum price, I'm up to around £80 that way

As for file size, how big is your app? Mine is around 16MB and I don't think we have much chance of making it smaller. Maybe smaller layout / graphics?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi There

CAn you guys perhaps share with me which is best to export games to Android and Amazon. I've tried Intel SDK and I get a blank screen to start of with, so I'm reading up to find the solution. This is way more complicated than figuring out how to make a game.

Also, which works best for Admob ads in your opinion. Construct is fine but I'm now starting to realize that it is a mission making the games have exceptional quality with images etc. and getting my game to work on all screen sizes.

Than you in advance.

You will get a blank screen if you do not export from Construct 2 into the www folder of your XDK project.

• Hi Mayfly

My app size is about 20MB. I am now trying my ass of to learn how the whole CocoonJS is working. Signing the app, getting the Cocoonjs ad up and running. This is horrible. I think I'm seriously going to invest more time and continue learning Java. I think the guys from Scirra should really make a plan with because what good is software if you can only create games for yourself and it's a damn mission to get it to make money. hey claim to be the easiest software, but if they can make it easy to do other things, then I'll be a happy customer.

• There are plenty of tutorials on how to sign apps, get ads up and running. If that is difficult, learning java and be good enough at it to make a good game = impossibru.

CJS is the only viable option now if you want Ads.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)