Install C2 free version in addition to the Personal license.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hi guys,

I want to try to create some C2 video tutorial and I wanted to create something that might be useful for absolute beginners using the free version.

I currently have the Personal License and if I try to install again C2, rather than being asked where I want to install it, I get automatically a message saying if I want to uninstall my current version first or just overwrite it. I need to keep both versions, the Personal one with the plugins to work and the Free one without any plugin to create tutorials.

How can I solve this problem?

I have tried to create another account on my computer but nothing changes.

Thank you.

• Two solutions :

1/ Install the free version from Steam (it will work alongside the licensed standalone version from the website.

2/ When shooting your video, remove your license file from its location, so C2 will revert to the free edition for the duration of the shooting of the video.

A simple renaming of the license file can do the trick.

• Thank you Kyatric, I will try the second even if I would prefer to don't show additional plugins to don't confuse visitors.

I am not really happy with the Steam system to be honest, so I guess I will leave that option as last resort.

• What about installing the free version to a USB drive and running it off of there?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about installing the free version to a USB drive and running it off of there?

Nothing change, the problem is that I have no option to choose where to install. Otherwise I could just try a different driver and/or name...

• > What about installing the free version to a USB drive and running it off of there?

>

Nothing change, the problem is that I have no option to choose where to install. Otherwise I could just try a different driver and/or name...

That is odd. You should have the option to choose. Has something changed recently? It has been a couple versions now, but I made a USB version of C2 not that long ago.

• >

> > What about installing the free version to a USB drive and running it off of there?

> >

>

> Nothing change, the problem is that I have no option to choose where to install. Otherwise I could just try a different driver and/or name...

>

That is odd. You should have the option to choose. Has something changed recently? It has been a couple versions now, but I made a USB version of C2 not that long ago.

Yeah, strange. I am not sure about the old versions, I had the program installed for a long time now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)