Any improvements to C2?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Yes I did search the term but I don't know how to actually implement that upon exporting CAPX.

So I'm supposed to set browser to default and select Android 5+ then that Webview thing will automatically be included thus decreasing my install size?

You just export your game with the Cordova export option. Then you can set in the XDK if you want to build your game with or without Crosswalk.

• You just export your game with the Cordova export option. Then you can set in the XDK if you want to build your game with or without Crosswalk.

Hey glerikud do you know how to set Cocoon to build with or without Crosswalk? After reading through this thread I decided to do some tests myself, so I exported for Cordova specifying Android 5+ as the minimum supported Android OS > Compiled in Cocoon > Installed on my phone and did some tests etc.

But now, I cant seem to get Cocoon to go back to compiling with Crosswalk... If I specify Andoid 4.0 (Crosswalk) as minimum OS in my Cordova project, then Compile in Cocoon, now its only giving me the small apk (~12MB) thats not wrapped in Crosswalk. Previously my apk would be ~30MB... I think I screwed up a setting in Cocoon somewhere.

And for the record. I totally agree with 's statement

My personal opinion after some tests is that Crosswalk is still more safe to use and has better performance that native WebView.

My testing gave the same result, Crosswalk gives better performance than native WebView. Plus, for me not having Crosswalk broke my music playback. Apparently its a known bug that music wont start playing in Chrome for Android (=native WebView?) until first touch (gah!)...

• glerikud, disregard my previous question, after getting some help on the cocoon forum it looks like this a bug with cocoon. They are working on fixing it now.

• >

> My testing gave the same result, Crosswalk gives better performance than native WebView. Plus, for me not having Crosswalk broke my music playback. Apparently its a known bug that music wont start playing in Chrome for Android (=native WebView?) until first touch (gah!)...

>

Im getting an extra 10fps using crosswalk over webview, so ill take the 20mb hit.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im getting an extra 10fps using crosswalk over webview, so ill take the 20mb hit.

That's good to know about native WebView.

Artpunk Sorry, I wasn't online. I don't use Cocoon.io, so I can't help you with that.

• My non-crosswalk games built in XDK take 10 million years to open and I don't know how to use other compilers so I might as well use crosswalk. :'(((

• the thing with loading is - the game in background probably downloads crosswalk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)