Very impressive performance boost! (r166)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Just to thank Ashley for the very noticable performance boost with r166.

I test my game on 3 computers on a regular basis, and one of them was unable to run the game smoothly (20fps with input lag).

Now, same weak computer, nearly 50fps and no more input lag... What is this magic?

I don't know what happened, but, wow, a huge THANKS! for this < 3

• Just to thank Ashley for the very noticable performance boost with r166.

I test my game on 3 computers on a regular basis, and one of them was unable to run the game smoothly (20fps with input lag).

Now, same weak computer, nearly 50fps and no more input lag... What is this magic?

I don't know what happened, but, wow, a huge THANKS! for this < 3

I also saw this while testing on my phone (with chrome for android), before it was ~10 fps for 6 seconds then around 20-30, with small pauses (yet still fine for my phone, it is not a great phone, FAR from it) with the stable, and now it is 20 fps at the beginning, then a solid 33 fps with only occasionnal pauses with the r166

I think the r166 changed the way trigger events works (changelog..), but pretty sure other optimisations were done to the engine

• Good to hear it's improved! The latest build did do a fair bit to ensure triggers firing is faster and creates less garbage. Hopefully we'll be able to keep making improvements in future too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh, nice! Cool to hear

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)