Import spritesheet problem question

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hey there

I am on a windows xp machine for the time being and yesterday I installed the latest beta 170.

A week or so ago I was able to import sprite sheets without a problem, but now after import I get the amount of frames stated in the select rows and columns, totally blank, no content.

Yes the sprite strip has images on them.

I occasionally had the problem of the appearing disabled menu option on right click, but they worked regardless. (worked though showing disabled)

Anyone else having issues with importing sprite sheets on a older machine ? (winxp 32bit)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You might want to make a report to the Bugs forum with the exact image you're importing and steps to reproduce.

• Ashley

I found the problem, it is not construct 2 related.

I did not report a bug because I did not expect it to be. (you tend not to break stuff on new releases )

I went as far as installing r169 followed up by r168.

Both with the same result.

I think it might have something to do with my current video drivers.

After I installed r170, I also hit the update video card drivers ... and this is an old computer.

I think that broke something in my drivers, and now the export tool I use to create sprite sheets(fragmotion) gives me flawed sheets.

They appear to be Ok in an image editor (par some distortion on 1 or 2 images occasionally) but when imported to construct 2, they give me blank empty frames.

I tried importing images I exported last week, and voila, they worked without a hitch.

in short....time for new hardware -,-

• That explanation doesn't make much sense to me, because the spritesheet importer is not GPU accelerated, so should not be affected by whichever drivers you have.

• That explanation doesn't make much sense to me, because the spritesheet importer is not GPU accelerated, so should not be affected by whichever drivers you have.

the 3d tool exported corrupted spritesheets. Which seemingly looked Ok in paintshop, but got imported as blank frames in construct 2.

The driver issue was related to the 3d tool.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)