IE load problem

0 favourites
  • I have problem with game loading on IE. On Chrome/Firefox/Opera my game works great. But I have problem on IE.

When I running game from construct2 with Preview Browser game loads on IE with out problem, but after exporting on server game loading stops on first load screen (with construct2 logo ~ 25 % is loaded ). I see form IE console that c2runetime was downloaded with asset for my custom loading screen and most of m4a files. (I've added mimetypes to sever configuration) so in logs it looks like this:

URL Protocol Method Result Type Received Taken Initiator Wait‎‎ Start‎‎ Request‎‎ Response‎‎ Cache read‎‎ Gap‎‎

/media/enemydie10.m4a HTTP GET 200 audio/mp4 8.27 KB 406 ms 2028 344 62 0 0 655

Some sound files have strange status code:

URL Protocol Method Result Type Received Taken Initiator Wait‎‎ Start‎‎ Request‎‎ Response‎‎ Cache read‎‎ Gap‎‎

/media/enemydie6.m4a HTTP GET (Aborted) 0 B 484 ms 2028 437 47 0 0 577

/media/lightningshoot.m4a HTTP GET 206 audio/mp4 14.70 KB 421 ms 2247 359 31 31 0 421

/media/visshoot.m4a HTTP GET 0 0 B 437 ms 2247 359 46 32 0 405

How do you think where is the problem audio files or maybe custom loader problem because c2 doesn't switch to custom loader. ?? Console doesn't show any Error loading stops and custom loader is not showed.

Edit:

This is not a problem with custom loader because I've turned it off and game still stuck on stock loading bar. Now ~80 % because withoust custom loader all gfx assets was downloaded. Bar is not red so this is not a problem with lack of assets. It looks like it doesn't change to first layout.

• The problem is with sound when I removed all sounds from project games load with out problem with custom loader. Do you know why loading sound stops everything ?

• Must... resist.. trolling IE.

• that is strange, recently C2 forced downloading sounds, there may be problems with it, you should be able to turn the settings off in the project proprieties for now, if that does the trick, then a bug could be the cause.

• Aphrodite you are correct. Thank you, I've missed this new functionality.

Preload sounds is a problem. Some sounds are corrupted like this one:

visshoot.m4a HTTP GET 0 0 B 437 ms 2247 359 46 32 0 405

When I've turned off preload game has been loaded without problem but some sounds are missing (don't play). I don't know why because on server size is ok not 0 like information from IE console (look above) and in cosntruct2 I'm able to play this sound after conversion. Probably this is problem with tool which is responsible for sound conversion because my source format is wav and C2 just converts sounds to ogg or m4a.

Do you have problem wit sound conversion ?? How can I resolve this problem maybe some third party audio converter will resolve this problem. Do you have any idea ?

• I have no idea why some would play while others don't

• I'm having a similar problem with the sounds, if I turn on the new preload sounds feature, the game don't load in IE and apple devices, I think it may be a bug...

• Thnik is very strange because some sound which are not ok when I'am trying load game from server are ok when I run layout from constrcut2.

So it look like some problem with server but why som sounds are ok and other not ?

Do you have any idea ?

• Please first make sure that your server has the correct MIME types set up. If it does, and you are using r178, please post a bug report.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

Game was exported using r178. MIME types are correct because for example music works. I've had problem with one of music track but after re-encoding to higher bit rate it works. I've tried to re-encode sounds but it didn't help and sound doesn't play. For me it is critical, missing sound impacts game logic because I use is Tag playing.

Difference between working music and sound which doesn't works is in the request I think:

For music:

/media/menu.m4a HTTP GET 200 audio/mp4 306 B 78 ms 216202 31 47 0 0 677029

/media/menu.m4a HTTP GET 0 0 B 78 ms 216280 0 47 31 0 676951

/media/menu.m4a HTTP GET 200 audio/mp4 0.77 MB 1.84 s 216358 47 31 1763 0 675110

last request details is:

Key Value

Request GET /media/menu.m4a HTTP/1.1

User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Accept */*

GetContentFeatures.DLNA.ORG 1

Pragma getIfoFileURI.dlna.org

Accept-Language pl-PL

Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate

Host 44.wz32.net

DNT 1

Connection Keep-Alive

Cache-Control no-cache

For Sound:

/media/mp40breechpullrelease.m4a HTTP GET (Aborted) 0 B 249 ms 262753 218 31 0 0 630307

/media/mp40breechpullrelease.m4a HTTP GET 206 audio/mp4 5.81 KB 281 ms 263002 0 266 15 0 630026

Request/response details for last one are:

Key Value

Request GET /media/mp40breechpullrelease.m4a HTTP/1.1

Accept */*

Range bytes=0-

User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

GetContentFeatures.DLNA.ORG 1

Pragma getIfoFileURI.dlna.org

Accept-Language pl-PL

Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate

Host 44.wz32.net

DNT 1

Connection Keep-Alive

Cache-Control no-cache

Key Value

Response HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content

Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:47:56 GMT

Server Apache/2

Last-Modified Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:10:05 GMT

ETag "1a60403-309d-5017b72fb4dfb"

Accept-Ranges bytes

Vary User-Agent

Content-Range bytes 0-12072/12073

Keep-Alive timeout=1, max=100

Connection Keep-Alive

Content-Type audio/mp4

Content-Length 12,073

For sound we have Range bytes=0- attribute and server return only partial result STATUS - 206. Maybe this is the issue ...

• What kind of server are you running? Does it properly support partial GETs? Does any other server have the same issue? If not it seems likely it's a server configuration issue.

• Ashley

1) Everything works from Construct 2 -> Run layout on IE

2) When I've created little project with one sound which is not working and uploaded it on server it works but it was downloaded with status 200 so not partial. Firefox/Chrome also uses full download - 200 and it works.

When application or IE use partial GET and when normal full GET ? How does it work from Construct 2 server ?

• It shouldn't matter. What kind of server are you running? Does any other server running different software have the same issue?

• This is not a problem with server MIME are correct.

• Is any possibility to force IE to use HTTP 200 instead HTTP partial GET 206 ? This is probably the problem. When sound is downloaded by normal HTTP 200 everything is ok and works but in case of partial get IE just cut the sound file. I've checked using Wireshark and downloaded file from server is ok size is correct and I am able to play sound. IE just cut the file and file is incomplete. (Dev Tools -> Network -> DETAILS -> Response Body -> Save as).

Do you have any idea how does it works and when IE invoke partial get and when normal get. I've cut the project from all graphics and I've left only sounds and two layouts with test buttons to play sound which in complete project are not downloaded correctly by IE. All sounds have been downloaded with HTTP get 200 and sound is played without problem. In the same project with graphics it doesn't work and IE try to use partial get.

Maybe it depends on volume of data which is download. When load is heavy IE starts to download by partial get. Have you ever had similar problem ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)