HTML5 problem - dif. errors on dif. servers

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
7 Errors
$15 USD
7 Errors is a game where you have to find the 7 mistakes before time runs out. Can you find all 7? Have fun looking.
  • EDIT:

Here is what I found out so far:

lways the exact same files)

If I'm on Firefox, I can't change Layout to the actual game.

If I'm on Safari the game crashes/freezes when the Stewardess object is created.

If I'm on Chrome, everything runs fine, but the Stewardess is a big grey thingy.

Funny enough, when I try it on Dropbox, it doesn't matter which browser or which computer, it runs totally perfect.

Dropbox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15652902/ClownOnAPlane/index.html

On my Server, not so much (same with newgrounds and clay.io):

http://www.tstonemedia.net/Games/ClownOnAPlane/index.html

I tried to upload "Clown on a plane" to newgrounds. I got invited and the system expects me to upload a ZIP file.

On the board here I read that I just take the normal HTML5-page export, and zip the content.

It "kinda" worked:

The HTML5-preloader (for the graphic assets) does it's thing. After that my custom pre-loader is playing (for all the sounds). That also works.

After that you get to the "Credits" and "Play Game".

Checking out the Credits works just fine, but whenever I click on "Play Game" all that happens is that the Buttons dissapear. Both the Credits and the Game would be on a different layout. So in both cases it would need to go to a different layout.

Can anybody tell me what is happening there? Do I even make sense with my description?

• I did a bit of trial and error and figured out it also happens on my own server:

tstonemedia.net/Games/ClownOnAPlane

Everything loads just fine, but the Layout doesn't change to the actual game.

I hope this helpls so someone can narrow it down.

EDIT:

I now tried it on a different computer, and it seems I CAN change the layout.

However, everytime the stewardess is running into the layout (I think right before the object is spawned) the game freezes and does nothing anymore.

So the problem just moved a tad more to the back.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm i know im using sort of like run this animation destroy when finished maybe you can add in a small animation on the button start to play/ destroy so that there a transition phase when you Finish the new animation spawn scroll to player. THis is what ive been using but I'm no expert.

• I forgot to mention something crucial, which I don't get at all:

If I'm on Firefox, I can't change Layout to the actual game.

If I'm on Safari the game crashes/freezes when the Stewardess object is created.

If I'm on Chrome, everything runs fine, but the Stewardess is a big grey thingy.

Funny enough, when I try it on Dropbox, it doesn't matter which browser or which computer, it runs totally perfect.

Dropbox:

dl.dropbox.com/u/15652902/ClownOnAPlane/index.html

My Server:

tstonemedia.net/Games/ClownOnAPlane/index.html

I wonder if I need to change the access permission thing when uploading on my server...

EDIT:

Nope, permissions did nothing.

Guys I'm really out of options here.

Why is it, that the same files I use for Scirra-Arcade and Dropbox work, but they won't work if I host it on my own server or on Newgrounds?

2nd Edit:

The same thing happens when I try to publish it on Clay.io

I give up. I got nothing more I can try.

• The images files starting with "getr%C3%A4nkewagen" aren't loading. Either they're missing or the umlaut in the filename is causing a problem on your server.

• The images files starting with "getr%C3%A4nkewagen" aren't loading. Either they're missing or the umlaut in the filename is causing a problem on your server.

I just had a chat with Auston from clay.io and he basically said the same thing.

It totally was the cause of all of this.

I could seriously punch me for not noticing.

Thanks for the help :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)