HP dv7-6c23cl w/Radeon HD 6620g won't open project

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I have a HP Pavilionn dv7-6c23cl 64 bit notebook with 16gigs Ram and AMD Radeon HD 6620g graphics. I'm running windows 8 64bit.

Installed Construct2-r119 choosing auto os detect, then again choosing 64 bit os.

I also attempted to update the video driver by 1st) using the driver update in device driver manager. 2) I also attempted to download a later driver from Amd. 3) I eventually got a driver from HP that appears older, installed that. Same problem.

The install runs fine, but when I start C2 it runs and displays the start screen. It's when I file->new or file->load a project that c2 hangs.

FYI I installed c2 on a Samsung tablet running win8pro. Seems to work OK on that. I can create a new project and load existing. It's not my choice for development though.

Any ideas?

• which project are you trying to open... projects are not backguard compatible, if that was made with version 120 it won't open.

there is a post somewhere in the forums about modifying the files to be opened in previous versions.

Also if that project (caproj, capx) uses a third party plugin that you don't have installed, it wont open either

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We have this problem a lot, and it's *always* the graphics card driver crashing. There's nothing we can do to fix it from C2; it's your graphics card manufacturers fault. If the very latest drivers don't work, try the beta drivers - if they don't work, you need to take the problem to the manufacturer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)