Hi, a small suggestion

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • Hi, I have this suggestion for the next release, what about "grouping" the conditions in an "OR-BLOCK", for example:

I have one conditions that checks a value and I added a "trigger once" limiter...

"if GlobalVariable = "0"/ trigger once >>>>>> do the action."

But I want the same action with a mouse click, and if I convert it to a "Or block" I get:

"if GlobalVariable = "0" -OR- "On Click" -OR- "trigger once" >>> the action loop because of the true-condition of the variable, and the trigger once becomes useless.

For a simple event it's easy to "duplicate" the condition for the Value and the Mouse, but I have 3 or 4 level nested events, and more than 4 conditions that triggers that event, and if I later want to edit the Action, I will have to edit each one of them.. which may lead to errors.

what I'm suggesting is something like:

"if GlobalVariable = "0" / trigger once -OR- On Click -OR- .......>>>>>

like an "AND" function as one parameter for an "OR" function

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure I get it, but you can easily achieve it with sub-events (S shortkey).

• Do you mean:

condition & condition

OR

condition & condition

Because I would like that also.

glerikud sub-events don't always work for this. I've run into this problem myself, and it can be frustrating to work around.

I think I actually brought this up before..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)