Help test the new Gamepad object!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.

Firefox doesn't support gamepads yet. Try Chrome or Firefox Nightly.

Note: As of Firefox 24, the Gamepad API is available behind a preference. You can enable it by loading about:config and setting the dom.gamepad.enabled preference to true. Nightly and Aurora builds of Firefox have the API enabled by default. We expect to ship release builds with it similarly enabled in Firefox 28.

I tested with mine, firefox 26.

I enabled above and worked perfect with my xbox 360 controller.

lennaert

thank you, that's what I was looking for. I googled and it said that Firefox has support, but how to enable it. Oh that sneaky config page, of course.

Now it works nicely!! Yay!

At least the Trust one but I presume the Logitech one will also work.

Added gamepad control to my game and it feels so fun to control it with gamepad. :) It feels more like a game!

anyone get PS3 controllers to work? I've tried using a wired PS3 controller and the MotioninJoy Gamepad Tool but can't get it to work with Construct 2 (works with other stuff like emulators though)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Playstation 3 controller is working here. I always used the MotioninJoy tool you're using with no problems, and I recently switched to 'Better DS3 tool'. Did you select the Xbox360 controls in the tool?

Thijsku Thank you!! The XBox360 setting did it for me and now it's working great

Seems the Xbox one controller does not work Its the only controller I have, is it something I'm doing wrong or is it because the drivers for it are so new?

Hi,

I was working on a project (http://www.scirra.com/forum/plateformer ... 78999.html) and had to stop the development for 3 months. This project was using the gamepad and was working fine on Chrome and Firefox with my xBox controler.

However I started the development again and noticed that the movement for my characters was not working anymore. I noticed the bug comes from the axis on the left analog which seems to have been switched.

So before : left analog X axis > 50 was used to go left, while left analog Y axis > 50 was to go down. So the X axis was supposed to be the horizontal one and the Y axis was supposed to be the vertical one. Right now, this has been inverted and to go left, I need to check left analog Y axis > 50...

I can't check on Chrome because the game does not load for some reason but I wanted to know if this problem was coming from a Construct 2 update or a Firefox update ? And how to fix this. I'd like to avoid using inverted axis. (I'm using Firefox 31 and Construct 2 173 64bits on windows 8.1)

Thanks

Hi,

I was working on a project (http://www.scirra.com/forum/plateformer ... 78999.html) and had to stop the development for 3 months. This project was using the gamepad and was working fine on Chrome and Firefox with my xBox controler.

However I started the development again and noticed that the movement for my characters was not working anymore. I noticed the bug comes from the axis on the left analog which seems to have been switched.

So before : left analog X axis > 50 was used to go left, while left analog Y axis > 50 was to go down. So the X axis was supposed to be the horizontal one and the Y axis was supposed to be the vertical one. Right now, this has been inverted and to go left, I need to check left analog Y axis > 50...

I can't check on Chrome because the game does not load for some reason but I wanted to know if this problem was coming from a Construct 2 update or a Firefox update ? And how to fix this. I'd like to avoid using inverted axis. (I'm using Firefox 31 and Construct 2 173 64bits on windows 8.1)

Thanks

-50 for left, +50 for right, will work

Sorry, I made a mistake during my explanation. I meant Left analog X axis goes right, as you stated.

Anyway the problem is that 3 month ago, when I was using my xBox controler and I pressed right, my character was going right, when pressed left, it was going left, when pressing down, it was going down and when pressing top, it was going top.

3 months later, without touching the code, when I press left, it goes down, when I press right, it goes top, when I press top, it goes right and when I press down, it goes left.

The controls were fine 3 months ago, and today, it seems the X and Y axis got switched without me touching the code at all.

Edit : Ok so I created a new project with a simple platform behavior sprite with right and left detection only. The problem comes from Firefox 31 which inverted the X and Y axis... I tested on chrome and it works fine.

I hope this will be corrected in next version...

I've run into the same problem, I guess it is a Firefox issue.

I mainly use firefox for creating the game so the controls ended up being reversed in chrome.

They already opened a bug report for it on the mozilla website. But meanwhile for my project, it was a big problem since the game did not load on any other browsers except Firefox.

So I had to install a previous version of Firefox. I chose the 28 since it was the last I use as far as I remember.

So if other people need to test their games on Firefox with gamepad, avoid Firefox 31. Here is the link for other versions :

download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-31.0-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US

Replace 31 by any version you want.

Hello I'm Usiing Firefix and the gamepad inputs are very badly ordered

how can i fix this?

Button X is acting like DPad Up stuff like that...

Seems the only real fix is having no default gamepad configuration. Instead, have the player set a default configuration when a gamepad is detected or whatever. S'what I'm doing for my games, at least :T

This is an old post, but I found that in firefox the axis don't take values from -100 to +100, instead they take values from 0 to +200. So to make your game playable for both chrome and firefox just add a global variable (ex. AnalogDebugNumber) and use it in your axis comparison like this:

Gamepad.Axis(0,0)-AnalogDebugNumber

if the player is using Chrome, set AnalogDebugNumber=0,

and if the player is using Firefox, set AnalogDebugNumber=100

I hope this helps someone.

P.S.

I don't know if there is an automatic way to check the browser the player is using but you can always let the player pick their browser in the game options and set the AnalogDebugNumber accordingly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)