Help test the new Gamepad object!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.

Does anyone have a list of contacts for the GamePad support for Chromium / Mozilla? Since Chromium is the basis of awesomium, adding gamepad support to it would be a double whammy (EXE and Chrome support).

I don't know if it's lack of man power or political issues that prevent more gamepad drivers from showing up in the browsers. Curious if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using a wireless Xbox360 controller on Windows 7 (Xbox360 controller + wireless receiver).

• Is detected by windows and works fine with Spelunky! :)
    • Is not recognized there:

scirra.com/labs/gamepadtest (nothing happens... "Ready..." "Gamepad 0 ID:")

Tested on recent versions of firefox and chrome.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Kyatric Ashley or anyone else.

I planned to test a bunch of controllers, but the test seem to not work any more in either Firefox or Chrome, nor the Spaceblaster demo. I guess there have been loots of updates that broke does test demos since then?

Also non of the Conditions, "Has Gamepads" "On Gamepad Connected" "On Gamepad Disconnected" seem to work.

I have both the wired and wireless XB360 pad working in Chrome in my own game, but not in Firefox.

Btw, I suppose there is no way to make it possible to access the rumble feature?

Tsengar: Gamepad isn't supported in FF at the moment.

To have the test working in FF, you are supposed to install the old version 11 nightly with the beta support compiled in, which is kind of a burden.

For Chrome, as far as I know, you have to press buttons on the gamepad first to "enable" it and mostly only XBox360 gamepad is supported. (to be confirmed, Ashley ?)

Support for other gamepad is coming though and support in FF is being worked on too, but isn't yet included in any stable release.

There were some movements in the bugzilla about gamepad support, so hopefully it's coming for FF.

Kyatric Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know about the press button to activate the controller thing when using Chrome. But this is not the case/problem with the controller test or the Spaceblaster demo, non of them are working.

Like I said, I have both wired and wireless XB360 controllers working in my own game using Chrome.

But also non of the Gamepad Conditions, "Has Gamepads" "On Gamepad Connected" "On Gamepad Disconnected" seem to work either.

I'm using a 360 controller. "Has gamepads" works perfectly for me (you still have to press a button for it to be recognized,) but yes "On gamepad connected/disconnected" do not work for me.

Have a Logitech Dual Action. No response on either FF or Chrome... :(

Hi there Ashley i just finished my game i implement gamepad there but it worked as you said on google chrome for me... What is reason of my post.

In my game i made info and there i planted how to set gamepad - keyboard emulator.It emulates Gamepad for arrows and whatever you want. name of program is "JoyToKey" just type it to google or... It works perfectly for all browsers.My question is if someone can make a plugin like this, because you dont need to have gamepad it self just gamepad which is emulating keyboard straight to windows or another program. Thanks

Did someone really succeed using the Generic USB Joystick? I can't get the browser to recognize it. :/

docskull you need to register and test your gamepad to be assigned in browser.

github.com/GoogleChrome/chrome-gamepad-probe

download this and follow the instructions, then take this screenshot and make an issue in crbug.com

Hi there Ashley i just finished my game i implement gamepad there but it worked as you said on google chrome for me... What is reason of my post.

In my game i made info and there i planted how to set gamepad - keyboard emulator.It emulates Gamepad for arrows and whatever you want. name of program is "JoyToKey" just type it to google or... It works perfectly for all browsers.My question is if someone can make a plugin like this, because you dont need to have gamepad it self just gamepad which is emulating keyboard straight to windows or another program. Thanks to reach ashley put it like this: Ashley

Thanks Joannesalfa

I did submit an issue to chromium, hoping they will implement it soon :)

Anyone tried the PS4 controller in Chrome/etc yet?

Input:

I have a Trust gamepad, this model:

trust.com/products/product.aspx

It works nicely in normal windows games.

But in the test it is not recognized at all. Firefox 26.0.

Then I have another gamepad, a translucent blue one from Logitech called Precision, it won't work either.

I wonder if the problem may reside with Firefox but I have bad Google-fu at moment.

Firefox doesn't support gamepads yet. Try Chrome or Firefox Nightly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)