Help with Intel XDK

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi all,

I must just be missing something. I am unable to get the Intel XDK to properly emulate any project I make, or to create a working APK. I see posts about other people having no trouble, so I'm hoping one of you more enlightened people can tell me what I have wrong. I am using Construct 2 Release 206 (64-bit).

It doesn't seem to matter what my project has in it, so my example is a ridiculously simple project - a white background with a single text object that says "Hello World". Here is the capx I used: HelloWorld.capx

With my project complete, I exported it for Cordova. Just in case there's any chance for me to mess this up, here are the screens I stepped through:

The export completed, and my exported file structure looks like this:

Next I go into the Intel XDK, build 1995, and do these steps:

1. Go to Projects tab, and click on "Start a New Project".

2. Choose the "Import your HTML5 code base" option, and browse to my Construct 2 export directory in the "Import From" field. Click Continue.

3. In the "Project Name" popup field, enter "HelloWorld". Click Create.

4. In the "Project Importer Results" window, I leave everything alone - the "Source Directory" is blank (I've also tried ./), and both "Use Cordova Plugins" and "Game Project" are set to no. Click Continue.

5. I get a message that says "Congratulations! Your project has been created successfully".

6. I click on the "Emulate" tab, and I get a mockup of a phone, with a black screen that has a little bit of a white border at the top. If I produce an APK and load it on my phone, I get the same black screen - the emulator is faithfully showing the same thing the phone does.

I'll link my screenshot of the emulator, since it is big: Intel XDK Emulator results

The whole process is so simple that I can't believe I can't get it right, but here I am, with my black screen. Does anyone see anything off with my process, or have any ideas for something else I can try? Thanks in advance!

• Next I go into the Intel XDK, build 1995, and do these steps:

1. Go to Projects tab, and click on "Start a New Project".

2. Choose the "Import your HTML5 code base" option, and browse to my Construct 2 export directory in the "Import From" field. Click Continue.

3. In the "Project Name" popup field, enter "HelloWorld". Click Create.

4. In the "Project Importer Results" window, I leave everything alone - the "Source Directory" is blank (I've also tried ./), and both "Use Cordova Plugins" and "Game Project" are set to no. Click Continue.

5. I get a message that says "Congratulations! Your project has been created successfully".

6. I click on the "Emulate" tab, and I get a mockup of a phone, with a black screen that has a little bit of a white border at the top. If I produce an APK and load it on my phone, I get the same black screen - the emulator is faithfully showing the same thing the phone does.

Emulator never works for me. I don't know why and never tried to find out why. Only sound works, I just don't use it.

Here's .apk I exported with no problem, try if it works works you.

I don't see anywhere in your steps mentioned setting up build settings, so I suppose you didn't set any.

7. In the Intel XDK, in the upper left corner, click on PROJECTS

8. In the Hybrid Mobile Build Settings, on the right side uncheck icons Android, iOS, Windows 8 - you'll be left only with Android-Crosswalk

9. Click on the + sign below and expand the menu

10. Check those properties

fullscreen - yes

orientation - portrait

signed - yes (just for testing)

Crosswalk version 12

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Holy moley, it worked! Noga, you are a champion. I don't know for sure what all I had wrong before, but I suspect it was the extra build settings you gave me.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

• Yeah! The emulator is too bad, I have never use it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)