I must just be missing something. I am unable to get the Intel XDK to properly emulate any project I make, or to create a working APK. I see posts about other people having no trouble, so I'm hoping one of you more enlightened people can tell me what I have wrong. I am using Construct 2 Release 206 (64-bit).
It doesn't seem to matter what my project has in it, so my example is a ridiculously simple project - a white background with a single text object that says "Hello World". Here is the capx I used: HelloWorld.capx
With my project complete, I exported it for Cordova. Just in case there's any chance for me to mess this up, here are the screens I stepped through:
The export completed, and my exported file structure looks like this:
Next I go into the Intel XDK, build 1995, and do these steps:
1. Go to Projects tab, and click on "Start a New Project".
2. Choose the "Import your HTML5 code base" option, and browse to my Construct 2 export directory in the "Import From" field. Click Continue.
3. In the "Project Name" popup field, enter "HelloWorld". Click Create.
4. In the "Project Importer Results" window, I leave everything alone - the "Source Directory" is blank (I've also tried ./), and both "Use Cordova Plugins" and "Game Project" are set to no. Click Continue.
5. I get a message that says "Congratulations! Your project has been created successfully".
6. I click on the "Emulate" tab, and I get a mockup of a phone, with a black screen that has a little bit of a white border at the top. If I produce an APK and load it on my phone, I get the same black screen - the emulator is faithfully showing the same thing the phone does.
I'll link my screenshot of the emulator, since it is big: Intel XDK Emulator results
The whole process is so simple that I can't believe I can't get it right, but here I am, with my black screen. Does anyone see anything off with my process, or have any ideas for something else I can try? Thanks in advance!