Following my (long) list of initial changes/ideas I had when I first encountered C2, here's my GUI offer (+other changes/requests).
I find myself wandering in many windows why a certain look was picked over other more "logical" choices.
I mentioned some of these in my previous thread
Here's how the "Insert new Object" window looks like on my machine:
<img src="http://www.logofusion.com/C2/New-Object-Window.jpg" border="0">
It's 95% white/empty + there's a scroll bar.
And here's my suggestion of how it should look like:
<img src="http://logofusion.com/C2/New-Object-Window-2.jpg" border="0">
The same number of categories + same amount of icons. To those who might say "Well, what about room for more categories/items" I can defend my version with - Well, both can be added. If there're more items the same solution in the form of a scroll-bar can be introduced. Nothing is change from current solution - If there're more items than a single window shows a scroll bar will allow the, well, scrolling.
I think my suggestion looks more professional and more importantly it's more user friendly.
Beside the GUI issue/s here're more ideas/requests/changes/observations I scribbled during working with C2 (Which I love):
- I often noticed that texts will change position during run time. If I carefully align a text on a background and test the project in a browser the text will move few pixel to the right and bottom
- There's no way to change text properties during run time. It would be cool to be able to change size and color via regular object properties from within the event sheet
- a command in the form of "Preload all used sounds" will save tons of time wasted when I change one sound, remove another, swap sounds, etc.
- When inserting new sprites I often see a strange dimension to the sprite when I get back to the layout editor. It's important to have the sprite in the original graphics (same dimensions, same ratio)
- Exe creation (can be used by encapsulating google chrome slim browser). I'm sure this came up before. I understand this feature demands tons of time
- Remarks color/size will be a great addition. Remarks on red background will be colored by me for all negative operations, for example.
That's it for now. I'm sure you understand I write these long messages cause I love the product and not vica-versa (The product hates me :)