Graphics Driver

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • Hi,

I upgraded my graphics driver and I'm having an issue with C2. My layout tab is blank. It actually reacts to clicking but does not display anything. The driver is the latest I can get. Window 7 with DirectX 11. Hardware accelerating is disabled in the Windows system since DirectX 11 is handling that but I don't see anywhere where I can configure that.

Help!!

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150722-0600)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU 1.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8098MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

D3D9 Overlay: Supported

DXVA-HD: Supported

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

• What is your Graphics card?

Was C2 working correctly before the latest drivers ? (remember, new drivers can still have bugs)

If so, try rolling back to previous driver.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's unusual to disable hardware acceleration in Windows, and it could be the cause of the problem in the first place. Have you tried using the system defaults?

• Hardware accelerating is disabled in the Windows system since DirectX 11 is handling that but I don't see anywhere where I can configure that.

If hardware acceleration is disabled then Direct X 11 will not run at all. It sounds like you really need to do a clean install of the drivers.

The way things are not showing up in the tabs for you makes me think it has to do with Aero not being able to composite properly. I have has similar issues running things in Linux under WINE in a VM using emulated hardware acceleration. You would not think it effects things inside the window, but if there are driver problems, all kinds of things can go haywire.

Long story short, uninstall the drivers completely, and try reinstalling them, after a cold boot. Avoid using things like CC-cleaner unless you know EXACTLY what it is doing.

In the future, if you have issues immediately after installing a driver, try rolling the driver back to the old version and see if it helps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)