Are Global Layers pulling down the FPS?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hey,

I am confused here, i am making a pretty complex game in construct 2 and Whenever i turn on a layer to global

the fps gets dropped down to 35 from 58 (before),

I tried to recreate this in a new project with two layouts and a global layer but everything worked fine there , may be its not considerably visible when objects are less!

Any ideas why i may be facing this issue?

• Already verified if there are not many objects on the scene, or if the images are not very large (Mb) ...

• Already verified if there are not many objects on the scene, or if the images are not very large (Mb) ...

What does that mean, please be more specific !

• https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/298/pe ... ames/pt-br

Try this manual, where I got this idea of optimizing objects to improve performance ...

• Ok thanks i will read it!

PS: what language is this???

can i convert it in english? , if not.... please tell me what you have learnt from it!!!....

• On the left of the page are Translations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do find the article Huemerson posted a bit ... interesting. Basically what I'm getting from the performance tips there is the best way to optimize your game is not to make the game at all.

I'm not sure my fps slowdown is from global layers, but I am using a lot of them, too, and have over 400 invisible objects on all of them combined. Has anyone else had issues with this?

• I want to add here : i ran a lot of tests today and found out that using fx effects for a layer is causing a major lag in the fps!!!! i am using fx effect - water !

Is there a way to avoid this??

• Either the translation, or that tutorial is garbage. It's all hasty generalizations based on minor observations.

While it talks about many things that can bring performance down, it does not take into account that what really brings performance down is overuse.

Fx for example can be used sparingly, but some that are particularly gpu intensive are practically useless on a full screen.

Animated fx can often be replaced using other methods such as animated frames, etc.

• Basically what I'm getting from the performance tips there is the best way to optimize your game is not to make the game at all.

Jejeje Funny lol, I thought the same thing when I first read that tutorial while ago, I got very discouraged to try the mobile games platform, I thought what is the point to even try it then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)