Ghostshooter Tutorial Layout size issues

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Alright, so I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is so obvious that I'll be looking back on it with shame in half a year, but I'm brand new to Construct 2, and this issue have been troubling me for the past 30 minutes at least.

To cut to the chase:

I've tried re-making the finished game that you can download at the end of the "ghostshooter" tutorial (the one titled: "Beginner's guide to Construct 2"), in my own project file. However, this is how the game I made looks like when run in a browser (notice: I followed, as far as I am concerned, every single step of the tutorial):

But this is how the ghostshooter file as downloaded by the end of the tutorial looks like:

So, as you can see, my game takes up most of the screen (1920x1080 screen), whereas the tutorial file only takes up a way smaller portion of the screen. How can this be? I've done my best to match every single setting in the tutorial file.

Also: Is there any way to make large images on forum posts show up correctly? Most forums have a [spoiler] feature. Doesn't the Construct 2 forum have this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to set in the 'configuration settings' 'fullscreen in browser' to something other than off.

The 'configuration settings' are on the left side, when you click on the project name in Projects windows on the right.

• You have to set in the 'configuration settings' 'fullscreen in browser' to something other than off.

The 'configuration settings' are on the left side, when you click on the project name in Projects windows on the right.

Ah, yes, thanks a lot!

This solved the issue. Are there any "standard" for that setting? Or is it only relevant for when previewing your game by running the layout?

• That is not only for preview. It is how your game 'behave' in a browser in fullscreen.

Here is a explanation of the different modes.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)