Getting a Game tested, where to start, where to go?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Sooo, I've got this game, it's multiple hours long, it's involved and I have every intention of putting it up on Steam and selling it for about $10. It's nearly done and I'm rather keen to get it tested by a decent number of willing folks to give feedback, report bugs and so on. All I can offer is a sweet, juicy spot in the credits. So what's the best way to go about this? Obviously I can't just dump the game out on a forum and have people play it since that kinda defeats the purpose of, you know, selling it. So what's the best way to go about this? Should I ask around in different indie-centric message boards and try and recruit some generous chaps willing to test it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

• If you're a solo developer, then the simplest method would be to ask your friends/family to help you test the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems I need a less than simple method because ain't no friends/family of mine would know the first thing about giving constructive feedback on a game, heck I don't think I know anyone who would be able to get very far in the game, let alone finish it. Also I think it's important to find fairly neutral people who feel no major investment in the project's success or failure giving their honest, brass tax critique, willing to point out things they felt didn't work, confused them or downright sucked.

Perhaps I could post a recruitment call on a number of different indie forums to find some testers? It's worth a shot. If anybody thinks this is a terrible idea destined for disaster feel free to let me know.

• You can also hire freelancers.

https://freelancer.com

https://www.elance.com

But how it turns out depends on the people you find.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)