Generic Gamepad - D-pad issues

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • My gamepad is a generic gamepad, but it still works on most programs and games, and it works on steam. While programming the controls for my game, the D-pad does not work, but the other buttons do. I'm not sure why.

The events are as follows:

Gamepad 0 D-pad left is down - Simulate platform pressing left

Gamepad 0 D-pad right is down - Simulate platform pressing right

I also set an event and variable to check whether a gamepad is connected, ran the game in Debug mode and everything checked out okay. Like I said, other buttons work just fine, just not the D-pad.

Any advice?

• Have you tested with other controllers? Maybe your controller sets the d-pad as other buttons instead of POV?

• Have you tested with other controllers? Maybe your controller sets the d-pad as other buttons instead of POV?

I only have this one and some PS4 controllers.

I debugged it and, yeah I think you're right. It says I pressed buttons 16 and 17 when I press the d-pad buttons. My gamepad has a analog button, and that didn't seem to help either.

• I followed this tutorial and it worked for me (but I had to change it to "= 99" for the left and up button).

• I followed this tutorial and it worked for me (but I had to change it to "= 99" for the left and up button).

Just watched it, and I'll try it later. It seems to be just what I needed! Thanks a lot!

• Video is not available

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Video is not available

Do you still need help with this, because I can help you.

• I need help this problem guys :( still be the same. Other buttons work except D-pad

• rexrainbow ? Would it be possible for you to have a look?

You are like the national treasure over here hehe

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)