Do all games use local storage?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • I have a few Construct exports in iframes on my website (loubagel.com) and none of the games use the local storage plugin.

Recently I've been getting alerts on my iPhone that "This website is trying to use more than 50mb of local storage". Do all Construct exports use local storage even if the Local Storage plugin is not used?

Where can I read about this or how can I research this?

Thanks

• All games save themselves locally so they can work offline. So yes, all projects write to local storage by default.

• All games save themselves locally so they can work offline. So yes, all projects write to local storage by default.

Do you mean "work offline" as cached for next visit or as in putting all assets in local storage so additional requests aren't necessary while playing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think he's saying that all games can save to local storage even if they don't use the plug, e.g. game save slots.

What, and how much they save is up to you.

Btw, it's based on the domain.

Which domain is being used from an I frame?.... I haven't a clue.

• Do you mean "work offline" as cached for next visit or as in putting all assets in local storage so additional requests aren't necessary while playing?

Well, both. I'm not sure why the difference is important. It saves the entire game locally so that it can still load even if you have no Internet connection.

• > Do you mean "work offline" as cached for next visit or as in putting all assets in local storage so additional requests aren't necessary while playing?

>

Well, both. I'm not sure why the difference is important. It saves the entire game locally so that it can still load even if you have no Internet connection.

Makes sense. I was just trying to figure out if that 50mb notification was from a single game or accumulation in cache from multiple over course of time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)