Still no gamepad vibration or am I missing something?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi,

So I've been looking into making gamepad vibrate, but I don't think it has been implemented yet? If so, then it's a bummer, but I'd suggest that either it is finally implemented trough other means by the team, or someone makes a plugin, even if it would mean a limited export support, although preferentially it would work in nwjs. I'm not much of a programmer but I found this, and maybe this could help in adding controller feedback https://www.w3.org/TR/vibration/

• This applies mostly to mobile device vibration. I think the gamepad vibration spec is still under consideration. Gamepads have multiple rumble motors and this spec only references a single vibration target.

• Isn't that document mainly about mobile vibration?

A Google search says that the Gamepad API would need to support rumble. As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like it's implemented yet (def could be wrong here, but check Google for yourself).

Ashley could probably respond more fully - hopefully on his next forum visit.

Ninja'd by digitalsoapbox

• Ah yes, my bad. But I know there is js for nwjs that apparently works https://github.com/andrew/node-xbox-controller

And as for this feature being currently in development, I think it's true, but god only know how long it will stay in it. From myt google searches it has been in development for years. But even if the way around it would only support nwjs, it still would be huge step forward for my own and many other users development.

• That only supports two motors, and controllers have more now. And if I had to hazard a guess, you're better off on asking 3rd-parties to add support for things that would be useful for game deployment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That only supports two motors, and controllers have more now. And if I had to hazard a guess, you're better off on asking 3rd-parties to add support for things that would be useful for game deployment.

Ah dunno man. It could be implemented temporarily. I have a game based on speed and any rumble feedback would be nice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)