Gamepad API coming to IE (Time for Xbox One Universal Apps)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Had a discussion with some folks today and it looks like the GamePad API support is being put into play for IE. This will be great news for those that want to create universal windows apps that will run on the Xbox One... Stay Tuned!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a start, but... Microsoft has to get rid of their silly policies when it comes to game publishing. The current requirements in place only let you publish your title under the IDzrz@Xbox program, and you must release your title at the same time or before the other versions if it is a multi-platform game. In my opinion these policies are very anti-indie. Plus Microsoft is being selective in who they let into the IDzrz@Xbox program, unlike Nintendo and Sony who are welcoming all with open arms (Sony with some legal requirements). Only time will tell how OPEN this program becomes...

• With the universal apps I don't really see an issue with releasing simultaneously.

• Nutzaboutpoker that's not been our experience. We're releasing a game on Xbox One which will already be out on Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS and Android.

• Nutzaboutpoker that's not been our experience. We're releasing a game on Xbox One which will already be out on Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS and Android.

"For those not in the know, the Xbox One parity clause means developers can only release their titles on Xbox One if they haven't already been released on other consoles first."

In your case it may be different since your developing for non-console devices.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/xbox-one-parity-clause-a-shame-says-stealth-inc-dev

Are you part of the IDlla@Xbox Program? Or are you saying your releasing on Xbox One because of the whole universal app thing?

-Mike

• I am in the IDlla@Xbox program, and Wii-U along with Windows Phone and Windows 8. But I don't have any games released yet on the Wii-U so the clause doesn't really affect me at this point. I can see devs that are trying to bring over apps from previous consoles having issues with it though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)