When you say "old product" and "new product" are you comparing old and new builds of C2, or are you comparing Construct Classic to C2?
Now that you're on C2, how are you testing your game? On a Browser? If so, which one?
If you load images as oversized into C2 and then reduce the sprites in C2's frame editor, they are still oversized images, which is wasting memory and drawing time...definately a causal factor in poor performance.
Otherwise, some suggestions:
1) Make sure all sprite frame images are trimmed as small as possible, and are NOT oversized if they dont need to be.
2) Make sure all collision shapes per frame are as simple as possible, (using as few points as possible)
3) Make sure any sprite that does not need to have collision checks has collision checks turned off
4) Make sure to only use "for each" events if they are absolutely critical for the game to work.
5) Make sure all events are neatly arranged into groups and that all groups that arent needed at any point in the game are turned off, and then turned back on as needed!
Anyone else got suggestions?
Mike at BrashMonkey