Thats what I did. I basically used the new config file from the test project that I created. I did this after upgrading xCode to 8 and verifying the cordova was at the lastest version. Also ran cordova platform update.
I then took that config.xml file and put it in my "old project". I didn't want to start over with the assets, plist items, etc. I then took the necessary records from my config.xml that came from Construct2. Basically that was just the plugins and a couple gap settings. I put those in the project level config.xml.
I then just removed the settings from the new file that aren't needed to remove any variables. For me, that was settings related to android/crosswalk as I'm not dealing with Android just yet. I then deleted the config.xml file that came with the construct export from the www folder. It is not complete from that export and I don't think it really gets hit when there is the project level config file there already. That is where I thought it would be great if Construct2 could add the settings that are now required for iOS10 to the config.xml export. Then that file would out of Construct would be usable. I'd just move it to the project level on each update.
From there it was just a matter of cordova clean and cordova build ios then simulate in xcode. All worked. That was a relief! Now it is the wait for Apple to take their time approving the fact that the application now starts up correctly.
Yes, i put * for those setting so that I was sure that I was giving it every option. Those entries are there with the cordova template, but they are not set as *. It would probably work more limited scope, but I was going on 13 hours and just needed to get it going. The config file that I posted is complete and it is what I am using right now. The www/config.xml is deleted and when I do a new import, I don't copy that file in. I may just add new settings if there are any (until Construct2 provides a compete config.xml for Cordova).
If you want to send your files, I could show you what I did using them. I went around and around with these for awhile as I never really paid much attention to them before. This should eventually get resolved in a better way , but since your app is dead, waiting isn't really an option.