Free Game CAPX available Soon

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Sorry DL was removed.

Mail me or PM me...

dekock.lukas at gmail

will send u the link

• Dang, you clearly put a lot of effort into your project. Sad to see you retire on it. Very neatly organised btw! My events and groups look like a wreck.

I'd be curious to see what was causing the problems for performance. If it's only the fact you have lots of sprites and animations, then hey, I feel your pain; I have a retired project and another project that I have paused on, both were RPG games with lots of different equipment and lots of frames, with the addition of having multiple players that could each have unique clothing equipped. This means you would have to load all the equipment frames into different sprites, which is bad because I'm pretty sure that all sprite images will be loaded into the RAM when you run the game (Sure, Layout by Layout loading exists, but that doesn't help this situation, because you'd need to load/unload different sprites on the go rather than always having every single sprite sitting in the RAM ready to be displayed).

If you were to use Project Files to store all the sprite images, then the problem would be that once you use"Load image from URL" to get the sprite, it will replace ALL instances of the sprite (this does make sense why it happens but it makes this a problem), so you cannot have multiple characters with equipment unless you done some crazy workaround like have 100 empty frames in a sprite and then pair the frame number with an equipment (Goodluck having animated equipment).

I've thought of a solution involving using the neat Paster plugin and Project Files, but I have currently shelved the RPG project so I haven't tried it out.

The reason I mention these "Project Files" ideas is because afaik they do not get loaded into the RAM unless they are called. (If I'm wrong and they do get loaded into the RAM, then I'm stuck)

But yeah, reading other things you've said, it's pretty clever that you prevented the need for a "helper" sprite and can just use the Dog sprite for the platformer behaviour and all, but I think that it would still have been a better choice to use a box helper sprite. You say it makes it complicated with the AI and that it works better handling multiple dogs if you are just using Dog sprites, but that kinda confuses me. If you did use helper sprites or just a dog sprite, in both scenarios, wouldn't you still be using "For each" meaning you'd not really have a problem handling multiple instances?

I don't know what you already know, so sorry if this all simple stuff: If you were to store the UID of the Helper Sprite in an Instance Variable within the Dog sprite, you could then do something like "For each Helper" and do all the AI on it and within that foreach loop, you could do an event like "Is Dog Instance Variable "HelperUID"=Helper.UID" then Position dog onto the helper. You could always do an "On Helper created" or "On Dog created" and then create the opposite and store the instance variable so it's a lot more simple to add a new dog into the game, then volia! Multiple individually behaving doggies

Sorry for massive post of nonsense, I am aware you've given up and moving onto a different software. Send me a link to this project though, really curious to check it out! Goodluck in the world of UE4

• The game really seems to hit Webkit's limits. Either that, or Chromium has become a really lousy codebase.

Anyways. Replacing Node Webkit with a hand rolled solution based on Gecko and Azure, I was able to raise the average and low FPS considerably. Whereas the game (build from the .capx Ldk provided here before) would previously run at a mind numbing, stuttery 45-53 FPS (sometimes dropping below fourty/into the lower thirties), it now runs at a constant 55-60 FPS. And that's on a Macbook Air 2013. My Mac Pro runs circles around it.

• Good luck with your endeavours

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you have questions with some of the variables and what they are used for... feel free to ask

• where is the capx download?

• I'd be interested in taking a look at your capx. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to squeeze extra performance out of construct, as I have a couple back burner projects that are quite intense and busy. The practice might be good.

• I don't quite understand the point of this thread now without the CAPX you are referring to?

• huh... works for me fine in CocoonJS. the problem was previously CJS didn't have XML support. However Sprite moved to JSON a while ago. Providing the wrapper has JSON it's good to go.

woah, woah, WOAH!!! HOLD the phone. Serious?! I am behind on the times!

• Hi everyone. This a necroposting i guess. Curious if anyone would still want the capx files. They have not been updated and im sure a lot has changed in C2 since i last used it.

I was looking for a project and noticed i still have those files available for this old capx.

If so just respond here and i will make the files perma available on my website.

cheers

• Hi everyone. This a necroposting i guess. Curious if anyone would still want the capx files. They have not been updated and im sure a lot has changed in C2 since i last used it.

I was looking for a project and noticed i still have those files available for this old capx.

If so just respond here and i will make the files perma available on my website.

cheers

I'd like to take a look at the capx please.

• Is there a link to DL the capx? I would love to lean from it

• Ldk sorry to hear about your issues.. I'm making a decent sized game for NWjs as well.. except my target is desktop computers so I don't have the same limitations to think about. Although I have problems with Intel graphics cards.. it will just have to be a requirement in the game's specs to have Nvidia or equivalent.

I'm actually teaching a game design course (for beginners, mostly artists) and we use UE4 (blueprinting).. it's decent, but no matter the engine, you'll always have problems somewhere. I've had MANY students have frame rate issues in UE4... it's all about budgeting!

cheers

HI "Ldk" I would love to have a look at your capx to learn from it, are they still avaliable?? thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)