Any fix for the Tilemap seams ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • I am currently working at a RPG map (like Final Fantasy/Pokemon). Since I want my game to support multiple resolutions/aspect ratios, I ended using 9-Patch, Tiled Background and Sprites.

Is there a way to fix or at least reduce the seams in Tilemap without using Letterbox integer scale ?

I've read here something about extruded borders ... Can someone explain me what this means ? Can this help me to get rid of seams or at least reduce them ?

This is my placeholder Tilemap:

• [quote:1k5q6yfv]This is my placeholder Tilemap:

Is that the tilemap that you use in the game, or is it a scaled down version?

I tried downloading it and load it into C2, but there are not really any setting that will work with that tilemap in regards to avoid seams. (If the white lines are the seams you are referring to.) What sizes tiles are you aiming for?

• Is that the tilemap that you use in the game, or is it a scaled down version?

I tried downloading it and load it into C2, but there are not really any setting that will work with that tilemap in regards to avoid seams. (If the white lines are the seams you are referring to.) What sizes tiles are you aiming for?

I work with 720x720 Scale Outer ... That is the Tilemap that I started working with. Is ripped from Pokemon GBA (as a placeholder until I make my own art). I edited it with XBR 4x to reach 72x72 pixels per Tile.

• What settings do you use in C2 for the tilemap?

• nimos100

Pixel rounding - On

Sampling - Point

Fullscreen in browser - Scale outer

• I meant for the tilemap.

Tile width, Tile height, Tile X offset, Tile Y offset etc.

• nimos100

Tile width - 72

Tile height - 72

Tile X offset - 0

Tile Y offset - 0

Tile X spacing - 1 (1px space between tiles)

Tile Y spacing - 1

• What happens if you change "Scale outer" to "Off"?

• nimos100

It works, no seams, but also no multiple resolutions

Can you tel me what settings I should use ?

• Not really

It just seems that scaling causes problems with tilemaps, so I always turn it off. But if you have no seams and things look correct, I guess you have the correct settings. But how to solve it with multiple resolutions I don't know haven't tried it.

• nimos100

Thanks anyway

I know how to use Tilemaps ... I wanted to know If I can use Tilemap with multiple resolutions/aspect ratios

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can't. If you want to use Tilemaps you need to have Pixel rounding: On, Sampling: Point, Fullscreen: Letterbox integer scale.

Unfortunately cause of that Tilemaps are good only for retro-pixel style games if you want to use them as backgrounds and things like that.

• shinkan

I know that, but in this topic it says something about extruded borders and a possible fix to reduce seams ...

• tgeorgemihai , this fix only works in some cases, it worked with big tiles, tiles that even when exported were adjacent to eachother, this means they matched perfectly side by side top to bottom, i just needed to remove the transparent line between them, and they matched perfect, the problem you have when importing tiles in spritesheet, they get scrambled and different kinds are adjacent to other kinds, removing the lines will only have the effect of bluring wrong colors in each other,

if you work with tilemap it is different and wont work with linear period., its one texture splitted in multiple images without padding, so linear will make them blur on each other.

if you''re using sprites as tilemap and have an example of the tilemap, positioned, ready to test and export im willing to try and make adjustments, other possible solution is in positioning and making them overlap 1px, other than that its the usual, use point... blabla

• Why do you use 1 px between tiles, to get white lines? Wouldn't it be better to have zero as spacing?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)