[Fix] iOS app crash or startup fail due to audio

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Hey everybody, I just want to share my experiences with exporting to iOS with Phonegap. 99% the time that it failed, it was because of audio problems.

The problem is in C2 converted .m4a files, they aren't compatible with iOS according to my tests. I hope Ashley could check this problem.

The solution that fixed all the builds I made is that I exported the .ogg files and then converted them on an online converter to .m4a. It works instantly.

Also another weird bug that I came accross: if the .m4a file is too small (like under 1kb), you can't hear it on the app.

I hope I helped somebody! Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have never heard of any such issues with the .m4a files, as far as I am aware they are standards-compliant AAC files in an MP4 container, and every time I've tried iOS has been able to play them. If you have any trouble then please file a bug report following all the guidelines, otherwise there is little we can do other than speculate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)