If you have firefox running issue

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Here goes. If you have a problem with firefox crashing after you click the green button to run the project i have found the solution.

OPEN FIREFOX FIRST AND ADD ABOUT TWO TABS TO IT, EG: have 2 homepages loaded in firefox. CLICK THE RUN BUTTON AGAIN ON YOUR PROJECT AND IT WILL WORK FINE.

This also fixes the mouse and keyboard movement bug as chrome does f!vij@k it up.

Hope this helps people

• Not a bug, moved to Construct 2 general.

• Here is the thing though, i think it is a bug, it's a bug in compatibility, i purchased this software and expected it to work perfectly, you did create it to be tested and used on the web and yet it has so much compatibility problems as its operating environment does not support it fully, it took me a a couple of hours to figure out how to get it working properly, and the first place I went to on the forums was bugs as it was bugging the crap out of me, so i think you might want to leave it in bugs section as people will look there for it first.

• I use firefox and never had firefox crashing over C2.

Using ff10 in a win7 64bit OS.

Everything works as expected.

What is your OS and is your firefox up to date ?

As long as you respect the requirement of using an html5 compatible browser (most recent updated versions of chrome, firefox, IE and safari supposedly) it does work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If Firefox crashes it's *definitely* Firefox's fault - Firefox should never crash no matter what Construct 2 tells it to do, and it's also impossible for us to fix since it's Mozilla's code and not ours. I'm sorry you had trouble but I'm afraid we can't count this as a Construct 2 bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)