[FEATURE REQUEST] Zoom out further in layout editor

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • At present it's not possible to zoom out further than 10% in the layout view in the Construct2 Editor. This makes it incredibly difficult to design large levels as I need to constantly scroll around the screen when placing and sizing tiled backgrounds over large areas and it's impossible to "eyeball" the whole layout.

Having searched through the forums I'm surprised to see this has not been raised in the past. I assume this is because most Construct users are making mobile games with small layouts.

I have large layouts (100k by 200k) made up mostly of tiled backgrounds (a GTA-lite PC game which runs well). At a resolution of 1920x1080 on my monitor I'm restricted to roughly a 14k by 10k view of layout editor at 10% zoom which is nowhere near enough.

Appreciate if Ashley would consider extending the zoom out to 1% - hopefully it's a very minor piece of work that can be addressed in a near future Construct2 build.

• +!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Geez. You might just want to consider smaller areas if not for performance gains. I've seen and made many large megaman / metroid type areas before and 10% was too far out lol.

On that note...faster scrolling while dragging is definitely needed, and being able to "find" objects like in Unity would be great as well. (select object > press F > camera pans to object)

• Appreciate if Ashley would consider extending the zoom out to 1% - hopefully it's a very minor piece of work that can be addressed in a near future Construct2 build.

+1

On that note...faster scrolling while dragging is definitely needed, and being able to "find" objects like in Unity would be great as well. (select object > press F > camera pans to object)

+1

• Ashley please comment on this. This is a very basic feature which should have been in place long ago. It's hugely frustrating not being able to see my entire layout in design mode. I can barely see 20% of it at the moment.

Tokinsom, with good design it's very possible to make large layouts that run at 60 FPS on PC. I can't comment on mobile games. I'm sure there are many other non-coders out there like me who are trying to develop ambitious 2D games on PC using Construct2 - and this is one of those easily fixable annoyances that needs to be addressed before development on Construct 2 comes to a halt.

• Just to add to what others have said - we desperately need this feature - at the moment it is next to impossible to design large layouts with only 10% zoom.

Scirra PLEASE fix this in an upcoming build - I really don't want to have to wait until Construct 3 just to be able to see my whole layout.

• Doesn't seem like anyone on the development team has responded to this.

Does the Scirra team consider paid feature requests? I'm willing to pay for it. That's how badly I need the zoom out to be extended further.

Name your price Ashley !!!!!!

• Agree with everyone! I desperately want this feature.

• +1

• This would actually be a big help for me for some of the overworld areas in my game. The find object thing would also be nice, though it isn't really as big as zooming out further.

• Just adding my upvote to this - this is a much needed feature.

If the Scirra Team has time to experiment with a front to back renderer then I'm sure they can find the 5 minutes it would take to extend the C2 editor zoom.

• I need this too!

• My current workaround for not being able to see the entire layout in the editor is to zoom out to 0.05 - 0.10 in runtime using layer scaling and then have my editor open side by side so I can more easily find/place objects in my layout.

A completely unacceptable and ridiculous workaround but until Scirra decides to address this, I don't see any other solution.

• +1. Would be very useful to be able to zoom out further in editor. Moving and sizing large tiled backgrounds in large layouts is very challenging at the moment.

• Would be handy to do this; running into the 10% limit in my current project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)