[Feature Request] Selecting grouped objects in editor

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • I know prefabs has been requested in the past, But something that will help me stay on construct 2 engine would be a way to select multiple objects in the editor.

The way I'm thinking this can be done "easy" is:

Selecting a subfolder of objects in the editor would select every object in that subfolder so i can organize my groups in subfolders.

Or at least let us use shift-select or Ctrl+A to select everything in a subfolder.

Anyone else having this need?

Anyway thank you for this great tool.

Ashley

• I also want this, & the subfolder selection thing would be great (shift-click or right click folder -> 'select all in folder').

• +1 on this one

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also want this, & the subfolder selection thing would be great (shift-click or right click folder -> 'select all in folder').

Yes probably the right click solution and the Ctrl+A might be the best instead. Any way to group and move together many objects in the editor would be fine. I'm loosing so much time now that i have to select every part individually and the miss-click thing is a nightmare .

• A way to have more accurate selections/movement would be to Ctrl + click/select the objects you want at the Z order panel and then right click on any of the selected objects and choose "Wrap selection". Of course, if you have multiple instances of an object spread all around the layout, it would be tough to find just by its ID number.

So, other than that, I am all for anything that could improve productivity and basic workflow issues, so +1 for something more streamlined!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)