Feature request: Reset double-jump in events

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • This would be a useful addition to the platform behaviour I think. Enables us to do things like multiple wall jumps or upwards swimming more easily.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'd like to second this. Just ran into this in my current game.

Would love not have to do the double jumping manually. Just a simple Reset Double Jump action.

• This is literally one of the easiest things you could possibly code yourself O_o;;

• Sure, coding in a double jump manually wouldn't be too hard. However the double jump feature is already built into the platformer behavior, would be nice to be able to simply reset it. In my case if I fall off a rope, I could jump back on to the rope (using the double jump), however since I don't actually touch the ground, the double jump doesn't reset. The next time I fall off the rope, I can no longer jump back onto it in mid air.

I'm still up in the air if this is how I am going to the leave controls, but just thought I support a good feature idea.

• This is literally one of the easiest things you could possibly code yourself O_o;;

Hehe, yeh it is. I figured out how not long after I posted and forgot all about this thread

For people who wonder:

Set Platform Vector Y to -Object.Platform.JumpStrength

Sure, coding in a double jump manually wouldn't be too hard. However the double jump feature is already built into the platformer behavior, would be nice to be able to simply reset it.

Yep, would be a handy and natural fit for the behaviour.

• +1

This would be a great, even though I have done it in the past I'd rather not need to code my own double jump

• has this been done yet? I used to code double jump manually before, but never had to since they implemented it. But This feature has always come across my mind as a requirement. That along with allowing more jumps

• I would love this feature as well. It would definitely shave valuable minutes off of dev time.

• +1 here

Made the code manually, but didn't serve my need to the ocasion

• I can easily code it in, but I still would love to have this feature added.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)