Feature request: Dynamic image and text loading

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • I am using Construct to build a website in addition to the game itself, and I ran across an issue where I am attempting to dynamically load content from a JSON file like:

{

"p1":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 1","500","200","2200"],

"p2":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 2","500","300","2200"],

"p3":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 3","500","400","2200"],

"p4":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 4","500","500","2200"],

"p5":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 5","500","600","2200"],

"p6":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 6","500","700","2200"],

"p7":["This is a paragraph of text for JSON delivery. 7","500","800","2200"],

"img1":["wizard2.gif", "800", "900", "0"],

"img2":["Wizard_Male.png", "800", "400", "0"]

}

where the array elements are: ["text","x-location in pixels","y-location in pixels","text box width in pixels (or 0 for images)"]

This has required me to create a very large number of objects (and their corresponding events) per page in order in order to contain unique content in each object.

It would be nice if you could somehow expand the "Image Animation" feature such that you can dynamically create new sprites from an animation frame (or just keep already created image sprite instances on their current frame and allow new instances to be independently flipped to a different frame), allowing the loading of multiple images into a single sprite object (and it would be nice if something similar for text objects could be implemented).

It would expand Constructs market from purely being a game making engine into a broader website creator tool.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)