[Feature Request] Conditional Solids

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Playing around with the pathfinding behavior; it would really awesome to have something similar to the "choose obstacles" when using the solid behavior.

In example, if you wanted enemies are not solid to each other, but are when running into the player.

A "Disable Obstacles" would probably make more sense...

• Your suggestion is a bit confusing.

Do you want the conditional solid only for the pathfinder behavior or for the solid behavior itself ?

Anyway, add something like the custom movement behavior or 8direction as well as the solid behavior to your enemies and they will "push themselve away" automatically (since I guess what you are willing through this suggestion is to get some flocking/enemies not overlapping).

Otherwise, you can already disable the solid behavior and so in certain conditions you could either chose to enable or disable it according to the specific logic of your game.

The pathfinder behavior itself does not handle the collision with solid anyway.

• You can already disable solids.

• Guys he means disabling interaction with solids for certain objects, not as a whole. It's been requested a dozen times now o.o;

For example - Your player can get a special ability that allows him to walk through a solid object but everything else will still interact with it. Currently you can't do this.

• Yeah. I was thinking at first the solid could keep a list of objects it'd interact with, but after thinking it out I suggested that there should be a "solid to only layer X" option as that way it would allow you to move the object between layers easily without the backend keeping a list per object of what is and isn't solid. That way it would be only a list, or a check of the object layer

Suggestion - Solid only on layer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, I'd be cautious about 'solid only on layer' as people usually have their layers already set up.

I reckon a way to go about it would be to add 1 more action to the 'Solid' behavior - 'Add exception' and 'Remove exception'. Any object or family in this list wouldn't collide with the solid.

• Guys he means disabling interaction with solids for certain objects, not as a whole. It's been requested a dozen times now o.o;

For example - Your player can get a special ability that allows him to walk through a solid object but everything else will still interact with it. Currently you can't do this.

This is exactly what I mean - sorry for the confusion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)