[Feature Request] Audio: Actions

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • Hey Devs,

It will be very helpful if we could set Fade times parameters to the Audio object, like:

Audio actions: General

Action:Play

-Play an audio file with fade in

Action:Play (by name)

-Play an audio file using a string for the filename with fade in

Action:Set paused

-Pause or resume audio with a given tag with fade (fade in if resume, fade out if pause)

Action:Stop

-Stop a sound from playing with fade out

Action:Stop all

-Stop all currently playing sounds with fade out

There's a plugin that already do that, here's the plugin information:

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_audio_helper.html

And the plugin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5779181/C2Repo/Zip/plugins/rex_audio_helper.7z

This would allow us to make more professional audio effects instead of just stop the sound.

I'm pretty sure that integrate those Fade parameters inside the official audio plugin would be a big improvement for all the Construct 2 users.

Thank you Ashley!

• Yeah, It would be awesome.

• I love this idea. Very rarely would anyone want transitioning audio to just stop abruptly.

• You can use lerp() to set volume from zero to current with boolean to pause.

• This would definitely be a great addition to the audio plugin. And also very awesome if it will make it in C2

• You can use lerp() to set volume from zero to current with boolean to pause.

Holy sh, thanks for that. It never crossed my mind, so simple!

• +1

While there are other ways to control audio, the plugin should greatly benefit from added functionality.

tulamide has already made some really good suggestions in this topic ( ) , but since then the audio plugin has been neglected from any advancements. I am really happy that I've discovered rex's audio helper in the meantime, it really simplifies the fading procedure. But to create really immersive sound design and musical interactions we need more functionality and more upfront features.

• It's actually not too difficult to make a linear fade out.

BUT

It is shit, because it's pretty fiddly and trying to get a logarithmic curve is difficult because I'm not that great at maths. So having tag fades with different attenuation curve types would be the best solution.

The whole audio system needs attention:

We NEED to be able to control the distance and roll-off factors for each sound / tag.

We need to be able to select which sounds / tags are effected by doppler, having all or nothing renders the feature practically useless.

We need to be able to apply effects to multiple tags.

This is basic stuff.

• I'd very much like to see this too. Yes, it's relatively simple to code... but when you look at all the other advanced audio-actions already available it's quite odd controlling the volume smoothly is not already there.

• I love to see : Add "X number" db to all sounds and subtract "X number" db from all sounds.

This will help to make volume control option.

• tulamide has already made some really good suggestions in this topic ( ) , but since then the audio plugin has been neglected from any advancements.

In the very same topic, Ashley told about the issues he has. If it were web audio alone, it could have happened already. But since audio must also work the very same way on other audio engines as well, he is bound to use the lowest common factor that works on all engines. Unfortunately.

Nevertheless, fading options integrated in audio actions make sense. It is rather simple code, should work with all engines (since it is just volume automation) and frees the developer of games from repeatedly do the same thing over and over again. A convenience option, so to say

• Ya I think everyone wants to use fade anyway, may as well be in the standard one.

• I've been doing it all manually with lerp and such, but this would definitely simplify things and possibly be more effective.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • tulamide , you are right and yes, this is indeed unfortunate.

• Ashley

May I ask for a word or two? Just something like "Can't do that" or "Great idea! Will be in the next revision!" ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)