Fancy Benchmark

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • You need to use the Seamless effect for seamless results

• Somebody , you are right of course... Thank you

• This inspired me to make my own test. More of an object count test and much uglier

I use bullet behavior for the trees instead of parallax layer and the trees only have 4 parts. Layers are only used for layer effects (AdjustHSL). Was wondering how this would run on a weaker systems. Some small extra optimisation could still be done.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104893773/C2%20Testit/Shmup%20test/index.html

Also does anyone know if there is an easy way to switch between integrated GPU and dedicated card. I have Intel Core i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge) CPU and it has integrated Intel HD 4000 that would be nice for testing.

Edit: Changed it to use layer scale. Much nicer and easy effect. Also added one more cloud and tree layer.

• Katala is the "reserve" your pooling? And if so: Isn't C2 supposed to handle that for you by now, instead of new()-ing around?

• Eisenhans Yes but, actually it seems that there is no much difference if at all. I just put that in without much of a thought.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Also does anyone know if there is an easy way to switch between integrated GPU and dedicated card. I have Intel Core i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge) CPU and it has integrated Intel HD 4000 that would be nice for testing.

You should be able to do this with your graphics driver control panel. It depends on your computer and also on what kind of dedicated card you have.

• Fancy indeed!

• Katala , Nice! I get solid 60 on all browsers and around 16-18 fps on the Samsung Galaxy S2. On the phone the CPU is around 45% when idle and rises up to 60% when shooting the enemy ships.

• eli0s

[quote:w7e4kfq5]Here is a Fancy Benchmark I put together in a day or so. I wanted to test the recent improvements in jerkiness on both C2 and on the browsers. It's a bit heavy with many sprites.

Mildly interesting find:

On a high end rig (linux xeon workstation with a quadro K-Series Graphics card by nvidia) with latest drivers under chromium 40 (that's basically chrome, just the open source build of it) I get a fixed 30fps frame rate at startup. If you go fullscreen it goes up to 60fps and then stays there when I switch the browser back to windowed mode. The 30 fps also does not look glitchy but perfectly in sync. Is there anything special you did to lock at 30fps or is that just a random thing happening?

In the past Ashley tried to implement a regular 30fps mode, but this failed somehow for a reason I have alrady forgotten and it was thrown out shortly after.

• Eisenhans , I have nothing to do with the thing you are describing. You can check the capx your self and see everything under the hood. The fact is that for some reason full-screen is more stable. Also, the fluidity on the lower frame rates is perhaps related to the optimizations that Ashley did on the r198 build.

When you say that it gets fixed at 30 fps at start up, you mean that if you leave it running forever, it will still stay at 30 fps and never go up? On my system, each time I run a preview there is a few second period (around 10-15) that there is great inconsistency in the frame rate, after that time period the game catches up and stays more or less stable. Especially with this latest beta build.

• I believe pre 42 builds of Chrome had this fps rounding weirdness. It would sort of luck onto a fps and just stay there.

• eli0s

[quote:1n329ajm]When you say that it gets fixed at 30 fps at start up, you mean that if you leave it running forever, it will still stay at 30 fps and never go up?

Yep. Never had seen that before so it made me curious. I typically have shaky fps for the first few seconds on my own products, after that it settles at or around 60.

Somebody

[quote:1n329ajm]I believe pre 42 builds of Chrome had this fps rounding weirdness. It would sort of luck onto a fps and just stay there.

Hm. Sounds just like it.

I wonder why I've never seen it before.

• 17 fps 0.8 cpu surface pro fire fox

• Monumental , I 'd expect more from surface pro... Which version of the tablet do you own?

• eli0s I have the first one. Must be Intel graphics card tho. I get the same result on my rig that has the same Intel 4600 integrated HD graphics card. Sorry to say these are the second most common graphics card among steam players according to there user stat page.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)