Family containers

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • What do you think , should it be added ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you talking about adding a family to a container, or a container to a family?

I can't really see any situation where either of these would be useful.

• Containers to arrays , for example , when you want to add some containers to multiple objects that have the events , you need to add an array for each of these objects and picking conditions for each of those objects

Or , when you have multiple tank bases that act totally differently, and you need a turret for each of them

In my case , I am working on a rewind a la braid and I need to store each position each tick for multiple objects , now I'm repeating the events multiple times and this is counter-intuitive

• I'll +1 this; ran into a situation that requires this just the other day:

Multiple enemies, all with common behaviours and variables, sitting nicely in a family. Now I want each enemy to have a separate damage infliction hit box that moves around. Referring to each box requires some event sheet finagling that would be eliminated if I could simply call each damage box in the context of the family, instead of having to do weird things like for each family object -> pick nearest damage box just to let the engine know which one I'm talking about.

Okay, that's a pretty straightforward example, but some of the stuff I was doing required some more complex gymnastics that I wasn't happy with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)