Failed to save a backup to ...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • I get this error when C2 tries to save its periodical backup:

I think is has something to do with folder permissions in Win 10 and not directly related with Construct. I even reinstalled C2, messed with permissions, but I can'd get it to work.

I can access the file and modify it in File explorer, but for some reason C2 can't

Anyone knows how to fix this?

[EDIT] nevermind, fixed by restoring Win 10 partition backup

• That is why we need to save every time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mendez

I save every 20-30 minutes, but I also want to have C2 save automatic backup, but It can't...it just stuck . I hate what Microsoft did with Win 10 and messed everything that used to work and was simple in Win 7, not to mention Win XP

• I get this error when C2 tries to save its periodical backup:

I think is has something to do with folder permissions in Win 10 and not directly related with Construct. I even reinstalled C2, messed with permissions, but I can'd get it to work.

I can access the file and modify it in File explorer, but for some reason C2 can't

Anyone knows how to fix this?

[EDIT] nevermind, fixed by restoring Win 10 partition backup

I got this error when my external HD wasn't connected and my backup folder was inside of it. When it's connected, it works w/o any issue. I also use Win 10.

You can also check your folder properties and uncheck the read-only attribute at the bottom. BTW I always use C2 in admin mode.

Edit: This thread belongs to the C2 section

• *moved

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)