Exporting for Desura

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hello!

I have a question regarding which is the best way to export my game to be sold on Desura in the next few days.

Originally, I assumed Node Webkit was the best idea, though maybe anyone else had any suggestions I'd be open to them.

Thanks!

• Node-webkit for desktops is the best way.

• Node-Webkit is fine, but you might want to check this first-

scirra.com/forum/topic74564.html

With Node-webkit, basically anyone with a zip file extractor can open the package.nw file you have and extract every graphic in the game, change it, then put it back.

• That's not really an issue to be concerned about I don't think. Any game can be changed/hacked, even the most successful ones are (minecraft, skyrim etc.).

• That's not really an issue to be concerned about I don't think. Any game can be changed/hacked, even the most successful ones are (minecraft, skyrim etc.).

Neither of the games require hacking to change those, they allow users to mod. You don't see a ton of Mass Effect mods or changes, because they are harder to change.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > That's not really an issue to be concerned about I don't think. Any game can be changed/hacked, even the most successful ones are (minecraft, skyrim etc.).

Neither of the games require hacking to change those, they allow users to mod. You don't see a ton of Mass Effect mods or changes, because they are harder to change.

masseffectsaves.com/mods.php

Or maybe it takes a lot more effort to produce the content. Making a 8 bit texture for some cube man is a lot different than sculpting a normal map, and tweaking a bunch of shaders for a next gen game.

EA does nothing to stop or hinder Mass effects mods.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)