Will we ever have wifi/lan preview in the free version?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hi everyone. First of all, I'm amazed at how simple and powerful this software is. On pc, that is. Anyway, I'd like to make mostly android games since I own a good range of devices with said os and testing wouldn't be a problem...theoretically...but I'd have to buy the license to just try the games I make. What if I'm not satisfied with the games speed? So, is there any chance this will ever happen? Even a limited time trial of this feature would be nice, just to actually test how games play...I would have bought the software without even thinking about it but I've heard bad things about how the performance is on most mobile devices...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Performance is never enough. You can try any of my games and test for yourself.

BTW, I don't think WiFi preview on the Free Version became a real thing :/

• Performance is never enough. You can try any of my games and test for yourself.

BTW, I don't think WiFi preview on the Free Version became a real thing :/

Thanks. I hope I'll be able to check those out tomorrow morning when I'm home.

Did you use physics in any of your games? I've heard it kills performance.

• I have not use Physics on any of them. I have seen a few projects that use Physics with nice performance.

• I have not use Physics on any of them. I have seen a few projects that use Physics with nice performance.

So, I tried your "run robot run" game a few moments ago. It's an ok game, I played it 5 times already XD

Still, I have a dual core 1.2 ghz + 750 mb ram android 4.something smartphone and it stutters a bit, even if it's normally playable, but maybe some of the animations just aren't fluid per se.

(Oh, and maybe it's just me, but the red color of the menu buttons kind of gives me the feeling of a "not available" or "pay to have" feature)

• You can export to a HTML5 website in the free edition, then try it on a mobile device.

• You can export to a HTML5 website in the free edition, then try it on a mobile device.

Sweet, I didn't think about it. Thanks :3

edit: I thought about that now and...shit, I have to export my pre alpha prototype on a public website or host myself an html5 website (and I don't even know how to do that) just to test it...this kind of sucks..really bad :-/

• I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Olso(from everything I've learned so far, correct me if I am wrong guys) the most important thing isn't how powerful your hardware is, but how you design your game.

If you design your game poorly(too many effects, too big resolutions on your sprites, poor code/too many every tick events, etc.) then theoretically you can bring any pc/tablet/phone/etc. to a crawl, no matter how powerful it is, even with a 2D engine...

• I've said this before and I'll say it again.

> Olso(from everything I've learned so far, correct me if I am wrong guys) the most important thing isn't how powerful your hardware is, but how you design your game.

> If you design your game poorly(too many effects, too big resolutions on your sprites, poor code/too many every tick events, etc.) then theoretically you can bring any pc/tablet/phone/etc. to a crawl, no matter how powerful it is, even with a 2D engine...

>

While I agree with that statement, there is very little to design/optimize in a game with only 1 layout that counts 3 or maybe 4 sprites, only one of which actually moves. My concern is that even such a simple game could have problems on low end devices. I may be wrong but if a samsung galaxy young can run angry birds with just a bit of stuttering, it's probably not the developer's fault if a much simpler game with less than 5 events runs with poor performance or even crashes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)