Endless runner performance question

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hey all,

I'm making an endless runner (well endless flyer, but yknow) and I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on getting the best performance before I get too far with it. Currently, I'm making it so the layout is just window-sized, the player sprite is actually stationary, and the backgrounds and environment (which are large, procedurally-generated tilemaps) move using the bullet behaviour. It's going OK so far, but I've noticed the odd framerate drop and I'm worried this might get worse as I go on.

Would I be better just making the layouts bigger (but I'd need huuuge layouts, like 100,000 px long at least) and doing it "normally" - ie with the player sprite moving through the level and everything else staying still? Is there some trick with parallax and scrolling that I could be doing instead? I'm hoping I can make a mobile version once I'm happy with the desktop one, so performance and efficiency are going to be top of the agenda on this. If anyone's made anything similar and could give me some advice I'd appreciate it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)