Embed HTML5 into a native Mac OSX app

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of native american themed game character sprites for creating 2D side scrolling games
  • Hi, i don't know if this was posted before, but i have read these links.

This game company made the HTML5 game "onslauht" for chrome store and now they have the same game in apple store using this method to port the HTML5 game to iOS.I don't have a mac or xcode, could someone explain me if this a good method to port HTML5 and if it works with construct exported files?

I've played the game "onslauht" in my iPad and it runs pretty well.

Those links are from march 2011 posts.

tks

topic1

topic2

topic3

• It's the same idea as what PhoneGap does with the UIWebView, except the support of the WebView for PhoneGap, on desktop isn't very used.

So you can go for it, or create yourself a WebView, and load the game exported by C2.

• Pode , Thanks, but i can expect the same performance of PhoneGap or appmobi?tks!

• cesisco : yes, you can expect the same performance as PhoneGap (even a bit faster, since you're on desktop, and not on mobile). You can also use WebGL when the desktop build of Webkit use it, when the mobile version doesn't allows it (however, I don't know if the WebView of the Xcode project use the stock Safari build, or a custom Webkit build...)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cesisco : yes, you can expect the same performance as PhoneGap (even a bit faster, since you're on desktop, and not on mobile). You can also use WebGL when the desktop build of Webkit use it, when the mobile version doesn't allows it (however, I don't know if the WebView of the Xcode project use the stock Safari build, or a custom Webkit build...)

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)