Ejecta memory management testing

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Manage time and money, plan the best strategy to make all the customers happy in your restaurant, a hotel, cafe, or any
  • helena I've experienced similar when I first trying ejecta, also avoid space in your folder name(also any folder above), what i do now is extract in osx, drag the folder on to desktop, open from there.

• hollowthreat, thank you for another suggestion!

• Ashley, I'm very very happy to hear about this, just to be clear, this makes my exporter thingie (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/627/ho ... ith-ejecta) useless? As in it works out of the box?

• 0plus1 - yes, it should work out of the box, and even with minifying the script.

• This is a fantastic news, really Ashley thank you.

As soon as I finally publish my game I'll release a full plugin for ejecta that supports all the native functions (ads/game center).

Meanwhile thank you, I dreamed about getting memory management in Ejecta.

• Ashley - this latest update works very well indeed. Thank you!!

• Hi,

First, thanks to Ashley working on Ejecta, it's for me the best way to export a Construct game to iOS.

I've just tried it and I have two disappointments:

1) If first loading time is really much faster, layout loading is too slow (same as CocoonJS, between 1 and 3 seconds on iPhone 4S).

2) Memory usage has grown for my app: around 120 Mb before, between 80 Mb and 210 Mb (!) from one layout to another.

Regards

Sylvain

• Can someone make a video comparing ejecta to cocoonjs?

• 2) Memory usage has grown for my app: around 120 Mb before, between 80 Mb and 210 Mb (!) from one layout to another.

Ashley did say the WebGL mode still accumulates memory and doesn't release it after you change layouts.

I'm guessing he's still working on it.

• It seems WebGL doesn't suffer from that - only Canvas2D will accumulate memory... That's what I got from what Ashley wrote.

I'm finally finishing my project that's gonna run on iOS. I'll post some info, but from what I've seen on the profiler the memory does go up and down when switching the layouts.

• Only canavs2d mode accumulates, WebGL mode should release memory correctly. However I think in WebGL mode it's tied to the garbage collector so it may not be released immediately.

sylva1n - it would be very strange if it used more memory than it used to, because at worst it will have the same things in memory as it used to, and at best much less. Are you sure you made a fair comparison?

• Memory Management looks good on my app, left the layout and freed 30Mb.

[attachment=0:2h2oxqgx][/attachment:2h2oxqgx]

However I have an issue with the landscape orientation, when running through ejecta it always displays as portrait? Anyone else experiencing this?

-- Details --

In Construct 2; Orientations = Landscape

Setting xcode device orientation to "landscape left" or "landscape right" only, throws the exception:

"*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'UIApplicationInvalidInterfaceOrientation', reason: 'Supported orientations has no common orientation with the application, and shouldAutorotate is returning YES'"

As a temporary fix changing the code to the below which works:

• (NSUInteger)supportedInterfaceOrientations {

// Allow Landscape Left and Right

return UIInterfaceOrientationMaskLandscape;

}

• New Ejecta version is out:

impactjs.com/blog/2014/04/ejecta-1-5

• Note Ejecta 1.5 does not include our memory management patch; hopefully it will make the next version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's nice to know they are updating it!

Ashley, will you update your forked version to the 1.5 as well?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)